OT has anyone taken the cruise to ALASKA?

It came up in a conversation with someone Tuesday night and we go out Friday night. I've only gone to warmer places on cruises. They have 4, 7 and 10 day trips. I think 10 days is too long but 4 might be too short. Anyone? He wants to go to Glazier Bay(sp)

He likes the outdoors. I've actually gone to see the Elk with him and Black Bear before long He'll have me fishing. I don't think I can bait a hook with these nails. I use to fish when I was young.

He likes the outdoors. I've actually gone to see the Elk with him and Black Bear before long He'll have me fishing. I don't think I can bait a hook with these nails. I use to fish when I was young.

89715[/snapback]

Give me a penthouse view.....

It came up in a conversation with someone Tuesday night and we go out Friday night.  I've only gone to warmer places on cruises. They have 4, 7 and 10 day trips.  I think 10 days is too long but 4 might be too short.  Anyone? He wants to go to Glazier Bay(sp)

89691[/snapback]

Fezmid has.

It came up in a conversation with someone Tuesday night and we go out Friday night.  I've only gone to warmer places on cruises. They have 4, 7 and 10 day trips.  I think 10 days is too long but 4 might be too short.  Anyone? He wants to go to Glazier Bay(sp)

89691[/snapback]

I went with the family and had a nice time. It was generally a floating restaurant with beautiful views. I highly recommend you get off the boat whenever possible although the tours can become very expensive. For me 10 days would be too long; how much time do you need to see snow and ice ???

89691[/snapback]

I haven't, but several friends of mine through the years have, and they recommend it. It's a fair distance away, so two of the days involve travel to and from the embarkment and disembarkment location.

Cindy,

My wife and I just went there this past June. It was *AMAZING*. Most beautiful place on earth. There are some really nice shore excursions you can do. I did a helicopter tour of the glaciers, followed by a dog sled ride (in Juneau). I got to ride with the dogs training for the Ididerod (sp?). Also went crab fishing, took the train into the Yukon, went to a brothel, etc. Lots of fun.

People say it's cold and snowy, but it's not. We went on a 7-day cruise and it was 60-70 the entire time. It was breathtaking.

The 10 day cruises generally seemed to start in San Francisco and only had 3 port days; the extra 3 days was spent getting up to Alaska. We did a 7 day cruise and that was perfect. One day to get there, three days in ports, one day to get back (plus the day you get on the ship and the day you get off the ship). Oh, and one day in Glacier Bay to see Hubbard glacier. (just hope that nobody gets a stroke on your ship and forces you to turn around early. That happened to us :P:D:w00t:

The cruise was very cool too, but since you've done those before you probably already know what to expect. We went on Celebrity and had a great time.

Here's some pictures from our cruise (we went to Vancouver for 3 days before the cruise left; fun city):

http://www.fezam.com/gallery/view_album.ph...AlaskaVancouver

I especially like this picture that I took of the seagull eating the pizza :D

http://www.fezam.com/gallery/view_photo.ph...m07&id=DSC02575

If you have any questions, feel free to ask (or PM).

CW

89691[/snapback]

HUN :

Alaska is beautiful. Someone at my job goes every year and she brings back lovely pictures. You will def. enjoy being outdoors over there.