Nice Prospect...

I really do not follow college football, let alone anything other than what's on TV. However, I caught some of the Richmond game the other day. This Defensive End, Lawrence Sidbury Jr. is a BEAST! He is 6-4, 265 lbs. This website says he runs a 4.8, 40-time. He was ALL OVER THE FIELD. He is quick and strong. Could also be a nasty outside linebacker.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/scoutingrepo...-Sidbury-Jr.php

http://richmondspiders.cstv.com/sports/m-f...lawrence00.html

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dspro...9&genpos=DE

In the earlier rounds, Michael Johnson and George Selvie look nice too.

After seeing Schobel puss out and the Kelsay/Denney dynamic duo, stink up the joint...I am ready for a dominant force with speed and strength. Someone who wants to kill the Quarterback on EVERY play...ALL game long.

To solve problem...watch the players mentioned above. (can't find any videos of Sidbury.)

I'll keep a look out for Sidbury. After all, Buffalo needs at least two (2) defensive lineman through the draft and/or free agency. It is time to let Chris Kelsay go. He is paid quality starter money for nothing more than journeyman performance. Schobel is fading, but he is still easily our best defensive end. I would keep Denney. He is an above average backup who makes nice for a rotational end.

Buffalo has five (5) major holes to fill with either a 1st/2nd round pick or in free agency. Sadly, Buffalo doesn't have the money, the organizational commitment, or the intrigue for a big name free agent to want to sign with Buffalo.

1. Offensive Lineman

2. Tight End

3. Defensive End

4. Wide Receiver

5. Linebacker

Like you, I like Michael Johnson or George Selvie. I think they would make nice 2nd round picks, but I don't think they are a top 15 player in the draft. Let's hope Buffalo picks up a Michael Johnson type player in round #2 and finds a gem in rounds 5-7 or through free agency.

Here's to wishing...

I'll keep a look out for Sidbury. After all, Buffalo needs at least two (2) defensive lineman through the draft and/or free agency. It is time to let Chris Kelsay go. He is paid quality starter money for nothing more than journeyman performance. Schobel is fading, but he is still easily our best defensive end. I would keep Denney. He is an above average backup who makes nice for a rotational end.

Buffalo has five (5) major holes to fill with either a 1st/2nd round pick or in free agency. Sadly, Buffalo doesn't have the money, the organizational commitment, or the intrigue for a big name free agent to want to sign with Buffalo.

1. Offensive Lineman

2. Tight End

3. Defensive End

4. Wide Receiver

5. Linebacker

Like you, I like Michael Johnson or George Selvie. I think they would make nice 2nd round picks, but I don't think they are a top 15 player in the draft. Let's hope Buffalo picks up a Michael Johnson type player in round #2 and finds a gem in rounds 5-7 or through free agency.

Here's to wishing...

everybody rates the O'line high as a need, maybe at center. There is a lot of money there and the line isn't horrible. I highly doubt they will invest a lot of money on the line, maybe a center and backups at the most.

He's no where near a "late round prospect."

Where would you rate him? Everywhere I read says that he will go in the 6th-7th rounds...even "Undrafted." I hope they are right and we take a REAL SERIOUS look at him. He looks like a BEAST.

I also hope we give some consideration to Jermaine Gresham, Tight End from Oklahoma. He looks pretty nasty too!

*A Free Agent I would like to see us pursue, and I think it would be no problem getting him in here...is OLB/DE Brandon Johnson, from the Bengals. He was drafted out of Lousiville by the Cardinals, and Cincy signed him last year to what I believe was just a 1-year deal. I used to watch him play in college and he is an animal. He would be a GREAT upgrade over Keith Ellison, as he plays the LOLB position. He is also a stud on special teams.

---> Brandon Johnson - Cincinnati Bengals, OLB : 25 years old. Louisville. 3 years NFL exp. 6-5, 245 lbs.

~ He lettered in Football AND Basketball...3 times in High School.

*Pro-Day/Campus Agility Tests*

40-yard Dash ~ 4.44

Bench Press ~ 225 lbs, 5 times.

Back Squat ~ 345 lbs.

Hang Clean ~ 255 lbs.

Vertical Jump ! 32.5 inches.

Arm Length ~ 34 inches.

Hand Size ~ 9 ¼-inches. (Right handed)

*A few NFL highlights...

- As a starter, he has 79 tackles in 7 games...averaging 11 tackles per game. (Has games of 10, 12, 17 and 13 tackles.)

- Had 17 tackles in a game vs. the Ravens.

- Led the team in tackles for 4 straight weeks, after stepping in for Keith Rivers.

- 5 tackles for a loss, leads the Bengals in the statistic.

- 1 INT returned for 40 yards. (Set-up a TD). 3 pass deflections.

- 8 QB hurries, ties for 2nd on team...he can rush the passer. (only 1.5 sacks in 7 games).

*In college he had some nice stats too...

- 31 starts - 240 tackles, 7.5 sacks, 3 TD's (INT, Blocked Punt, Fumble Recovery).

- 72 tackles, led team as a Senior.

- 3 blocked punts as a freshman, led the nation.

*This was his Scouting Report coming out of Louisville...

"One of the fastest linebackers in college football, Louisville fans became used to seeing Johnson chasing down opposing ball carriers all over the field. He is a fluid athlete that is blessed with great lateral agility and size that make him ideal for a Cover-2 defensive alignment, whether as a nickel linebacker or as a safety."