Why I will stick with the Bills

bananathumb

First, I am not totally pessimistic about their future. I think T. Edwards might be the answer in the long run and maybe a winning season will materialize in this decade. But it doesn't really matter to me. There are too many other reasons to follow this team.

It's like watching Coronation Street or some other soap opera filled with clowns, crooks and butt-ugly characters. You don't admire them necessarily, but you can't stop watching them try hard yet screw up. There are just too many questions that you want answered, so you keep tuning in. Like, will they fire Jauron and the front office bumblers and if they do, which new cast incapable of out-witting Parcells and Belichick will they bring in?

Who will they sign in the offseason, some big name like Julius Peppers or the usual cast-offs? Will they make the right pick in the first round of the draft, or end up with another Williams or Whitner? You just can't stop watching these messes unfold.

It's frustrating not to have a winning team, but it's fun to second-guess the management and coaches and hold out hope that finally they'll get it right.

But perhaps the biggest thing I need to stick around to see is what happens with Ralph Wilson Jr.; no, not what happens, but when. THAT is the ghoulish but delicious climax to this tragi-comic tale called the Buffalo Bills. The day is coming and when it does, I want to watch the fall-out.

Who will take control? What will things be like in limbo? Who will step up with an offer and where will the team end up?

If it's Buffalo, great, because there will be much renewed optimism. If it's somewhere else, it will still be interesting to figure out whether to follow them or find another team.

Let others follow the front-runners like Dallas and New York. There's more drama in watching the team nobody likes

about to meet the Big Dragon.

It's any easy one for me. Move the team to another city, and I begin a life long campaign against the NFL. I'll spew hatred towards any reference to the league, possibly start an anti- NFL website, write letters to anyone connected to the league, call my satellite provider to have the NFL channel removed, yell at little kids in my neighborhood, etc.... mass hysteria for me and I don't even live in Buffalo right now.

Seriously, if the team moves. the league would be dead to me, just like the NBA... Go Braves!!

Who will they sign in the offseason, some big name like Julius Peppers or the usual cast-offs? Will they make the right pick in the first round of the draft, or end up with another Williams or Whitner? You just can't stop watching these messes unfold.

I realize we should've gone with Haloti Ngata, but you're really comparing Whitner with Williams in terms of making the wrong pick? He hasn't exactly been a highlight reel machine, but that's just unfair.

I realize we should've gone with Haloti Ngata, but you're really comparing Whitner with Williams in terms of making the wrong pick? He hasn't exactly been a highlight reel machine, but that's just unfair.

Before this season I would have agreed with you. After this season I'm not so sure.

As bad as it is now, it could be worse. 84-85! I'm old enough to remember the AFL Championships, and winning records. I endured the Dolfelons rein in the 70's and early 80's. I cried with the 2-14 years, but never gave up. Thankfully, along the way we won a few, and even went to the Superbowl a few times.

So matter how bad it is, as long as its not 0-16, I can endure it (its getting tougher, the older I get). I don't blame Ralph, I blame prime donna players who won't play or practice unless their contract until they are holding a city hostage. The Bills talk about character, but where has that gotten them? Which players play with Character anyway? Where have the real Character players gone, I don't see them.

And our coach has been drinking the purple Koolaid a bit too often, or has overdosed on Prozac each Sunday. I've never seen anyone with so little emotional expression, except at State Hospitals...those that use Thorazine anyway.

I'll take old Lou Saban and his ranting to Emotionally void Jauron. I think when things are going poorly, a good old ass kicking is in order, not a sleep session. Scream, yell, rant, swear...that is football and people understand you are mad and not going to take it anymore. Don't cajole players, they aren't smart enought to understand you. B word at them, yell and scream and perhaps even the most egotistical player will realize you are disappointed in them.

There is always next year! I've been saying that for over 45 years. It really is getting old. <_<

stick with the bills all you want despite their record, no in is questioning that. What people are upset with is the way this team has been run/coached/organized. Fans are angry at the organization for putting this team in a position to fail repeatedly. I still sort of "love" the bills (they do make it tough to love them now a days) but i am trying to fight FOR the team and hold the front office/owner accountable. I refuse to suffer through another decade being fed this hot pile of garbage.

<_<