Does it get any worse for a Yankee fan?

duey

Well Williams and Shetfield will not be back next season.  The entire pitching staff will be overhauled.  The only ones who will be left are Mussina, El Duque, Vasquez, Rivera, Gordon and Sturtze.  The Yanks will fill the rotation with FA's and use their depleted minor league system to get middle relief.

90768[/snapback]

This stevestojan worked for the NY Rangers, right?

I have heard Vazquez is out of there, too (though they would be foolish to part ways with him). Seriously, how many No. 1-2 starters from other teams can the Yankees turn into No. 6 guys?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, really embarrassed when compared to the Mets since 1986 (or ever).  Some stats:

The METS have finished AT LEAST 13 games out of first place in their division SEVEN times in the last 11 years while the Yankees have been in the playoffs every year, winning 9 division titles and 4 Championships.

Since 1988, the METS have finished LAST in their division more times (3) than first (1).

Cumulatively, the METS have finished 287.5 games behind their division's winner since their last first place finish.  That's an average of 18 games back.

Maybe Mo Vaughn will come back soon.

The Mets.  That's funny.

90273[/snapback]

Obviously, as usual, you just don't get it.

It's pathetic how you waste your time typing up irrelevant crap just so you can (again) tell someone how stupid they are, when in fact you have no idea what you're talking about.

Next time, take a breather and try to imagine you're not as clever as you think.

Obviously, as usual, you just don't get it. 

It's pathetic how you waste your time typing up irrelevant crap just so you can (again) tell someone how stupid they are, when in fact you have no idea what you're talking about. 

Next time, take a breather and try to imagine you're not as clever as you think.

90820[/snapback]

Poor fella. You've always had a problem facing facts.

Perhaps you could explain it really slowly for me, so I can understand your "lahjik." :blush:

Hey, I gotta hand it to the Sox- they were 3 outs from being swept- had to be frustrating, considering they were the better team all along anyways. Good for them and for baseball, we'll be back next October.

By the way- IMHO, the Sox are no different than they were 2 weeks ago- the perception of them is the only thing that has changed