Is Dick Jauron Gone ?

thewildrabbit

Seriously, we need a coach with emotions, hell we need some football people who know talent and know how to win. DJ is a classy guy who brough some stablity back after Fing Williams and that other douche. We need a Cowar or Parcells type. Hell I'd take Brian Billick. It is embarassing to be the red headed stepchild of the AFC east. I love this team come hell or high water, but for the love of the holy, when is enough enough? Ralph has to recognize he needs to pay for talent both on the field and in the coach. He learned that in 1985 and hopefully he will again in 2009.

The injury bug has put a hurtin on us again this year, I'll bet without the injuries or even just one of them, TE's, we're not even having this discussion right now and the Bills are probably playoff bound.

You want to blame that on DJ also?

Don't get me started with that line of BS - EVERY team has to deal with injuries .... it's a fact of life in the NFL. Last time I checked, the Pats were tied for 1st in the division despite losing their all-world QB for the ENTIRE YEAR.....and their current QB is a guy who never started a game in college.

You don't think coaching has put the Pats where they are now? Stop being an idiot and defending DJ

Going to be interesting to see what these next two games bring. I doubt the Bills win either and finish with a 6-10 record. Considering the soft schedule this year and the fact Tom Brady was out all year,the Bills should have finished 10-6 :doh:

I just don't see Dick Jauron out coaching Bill Bilichick ...ever and the Bills need someone who can actually challenge him in a season.

Or sporano or Mangina....

That is easy,first of all Mariucci would take the Bills play book and throw it away which would immediately make the offense less predictable. Then he would install the "west coast" offense which allows the QB to make quick short passes to his receivers,like an elongated hand off.

The thing is with coaches like Mariucci they keep a cheat sheet for every down and distance and I'd be willing to bet that throwing the ball on 3rd and one isn't on that sheet,either is calling a pass play on 2nd and five to run the clock out.

Trent Edwards would flourish in the properly called west coast offense,I seriously doubt "mooch" would ignore the running game like Schonert does.

I pretty much agree with you, but Trent will still be hit & still get injured.

Guest dog14787
Don't get me started with that line of BS - EVERY team has to deal with injuries .... it's a fact of life in the NFL. Last time I checked, the Pats were tied for 1st in the division despite losing their all-world QB for the ENTIRE YEAR.....and their current QB is a guy who never started a game in college.

You don't think coaching has put the Pats where they are now? Stop being an idiot and defending DJ

and stepped into a championship caliber team, meanwhile TE takes over a team that hasn't reached the playoffs in almost a decade. The Pats roster is full of expensive FA's and is one of the most experienced teams in the NFL. If you want to call me an idiot why not come up with a better comparison.

By the way, I never said coaching doesn't matter, I'm saying DJ is not an OC and wether you want to believe it or not, OC is the problem.

and stepped into a championship caliber team, meanwhile TE takes over a team that hasn't reached the playoffs in almost a decade. The Pats roster is full of expensive FA's and is one of the most experienced teams in the NFL. If you want to call me an idiot why not come up with a better comparison.

By the way, I never said coaching doesn't matter, I'm saying DJ is not an OC and wether you want to believe it or not, OC is the problem.

I agree with you OC is the problem. The thing is though, Dick hired the OC & is therefore responsible for his failure. In my opinion the most important job of a HC is to hire his assistants. That is the reason successful Head Coaches have "Trees" of assistants that branch off eventually.

i think he is gone, but it will come after the season is over, firing him now does nothing, its too late for this year and does no good. Promoting April to HC now does no good with only 2 weeks left cause it will prove nothing, and he has no time to prepare the team his way, also, if he isn't given the HC job at the end ofthe season, he's as good as gone since its most likely he won't just step back down into his old position. Canning a coach after your bye week is not going to do anything for your team.

Keep DJ til the end of the season, winning or losing now really won't do much now with only 2 weeks left. If your cannning the coaching staff, you will see a turnover in players, and the moment wn't matter cause there will be changes with guysthat weren't there with the team to be a part of that momentum. Let DJ step down at the end of the year, there may be a deal in place right now that he will step down after the final game for all we know.

IF, and i stress IF, DJ is brought back for next season, he will be on the hotseat with his job and I can see him being let go during the season if the team struggles at all.

Ralph is usually pretty silent until he is ready to let go of someone, he starts to speak out and let it be known that he is displeased with the direction of the team when he is ready to fire a coach in the offseason, or make a front office move.

But what fans will need to understand is that there is no one that is a quarantee to come in and instantly turn this team around, Not Marty, Not Bill, Not Wade, no one is a guarantee. If they were a guarantee, they wouldn't be available right now.

Thats true, the Pats are still in first without Brady, but that team is not just Brady, they have built a very tough team around him. Brady is the cornerstone of that team, but that cornerstone sits on a solid foundation.