Bills Game Not On In Albany!

AlbanyBill/BuffaloWings - do you two mind if I ask a question?

I can understand the Buffalo Bills lack of fan base in Albany because of the Giants.Jets (and even the Pats) fans but why aren't there more Syracuse University football & basketball fans in Albany?

I can go to Buffalo, Rochester, and Binghamton and find TONS of SU fans in each city. But not at all in Albany. Albany is equidistant from Syracuse that Buffalo is.

Any ideas?

Because there are enough colleges & universities in the Albany area for the fans to support local teams.

Why would you expect someone from Albany to support Syracuse over Albany State?

Another reason is we're as far from NYC as Syracuse & have more of an NYC feel to our sports support than anything as far away in the western direction. I grew up around NYC & nobody gives a rat's @ss about Syracuse football there. Albany is consistent with the NYC fans.

Because there are enough colleges & universities in the Albany area for the fans to support local teams.

Why would you expect someone from Albany to support Syracuse over Albany State?

Another reason is we're as far from NYC as Syracuse & have more of an NYC feel to our sports support than anything as far away in the western direction. I grew up around NYC & nobody gives a rat's @ss about Syracuse football there. Albany is consistent with the NYC fans.

SU has a pretty strong following in Buffalo. I just thought Albany would be the same.

SU has a pretty strong following in Buffalo. I just thought Albany would be the same.

Go north, south, east & west about 150 miles from Buffalo & who else would garner interest from Buffalonians. Here we have NYC influence which leans mostly towards professional sports, not college & if we go east, there are plenty of schools in NE to gather the attention of those not interested in a local team.