The real problem is Russ Brandon and Ralph Wilson

DIE HARD 1967

You better give this some real thought.

Russ Brandon is in charge of the entire Buffalo Bills operation,yet we watch the same old Bills for 10 games now.

Who is in the best position to make recommendations to Ralph Wilson?

How does Russ Brandon feel about the contract extension for Dick Jauron?

OK, now imagine Bill Parcells in charge in Buffalo. I guarantee you Bill would have made adjustments by now!

If Ralph does not listen to Russ Brandon, that means our GM is powerless.

We need a POWERFUL GM that can make decisions and solve problems for Ralph Wilson.

I miss the days when Bill Pollian would acquire talent, manage the team and make smart decisions.

Bill Pollian is not the only game in town, we need a powerful GM well trusted by Ralph Wilson.

So, in closing, let me ask you this question. Who will select our next head coach?

Ralph will take suggestions from Russ Brandon and salary demands will be an issue. :lol:

I believe the Bills suffer from internal problems directly connected to the contract extension signed by Dick Jauron and a powerless GM unable to fix problems without consulting with Ralph Wilson.

General Manager problems in Buffalo are well documented and continue to plague the franchise.

-Die Hard 1967

The sad part is we have an acting GM who has no real expertise in the areas needed. He's a marketing guy with no experience in evaluating talent or running a team. So that leave clueless Jauron to make those decisions. Might as well make me general manager as I'm just as qualified as Brandon. We're screwed for a long time guys.....

The sad part is we have an acting GM who has no real expertise in the areas needed. He's a marketing guy with no experience in evaluating talent or running a team. So that leave clueless Jauron to make those decisions. Might as well make me general manager as I'm just as qualified as Brandon. We're screwed for a long time guys.....

I believe there is a power struggle within the Buffalo organization that prevents them from making faster dicisions

Branden knows more about football than people give him credit for.

The real problem is Ralph for not giving any control. After Donahoe, Ralph wanted to retain more control.

No one really knows why Pollian was axed, but do not think disagreements between him and Ralph had nothing to do with it.

There is no power struggle, Ralph holds it all. That's the problem with the decisions.

Ralph has never gotten it and he never will get it. He meddles when he shouldn't and vice-versa. He's about two years behind on acknowledging what the fans already know and always has been slow in recognizing problems. You can NEVER have success when you are slow to recognize problems. Being slow to react guarantees mediocrity year-after-year-after-year and mediocrity is EXACTLY what we've become accustomed to. I actually miss he days when we just plain sucked (2-14) because at least you KNEW something would change after such a year. Mediocrity is even worse. You never really get a top-5 draft pick unless you trade up. You never quite know where to pin the problem when there is mediocrity because you can look around and find just enough positives which serve only to cloud the real issues. Mediocrity sucks and so does Ralph. His final act will be to flip us the bird by not selling the team to a person or group with Buffalo's interest in mind.

Well, on the upside, maybe the City of Buffalo will find an identity that doesn't involve its sports franchises after the Bills leave town. It's probably about time anyhow.

Ralph has never gotten it and he never will get it. He meddles when he shouldn't and vice-versa. He's about two years behind on acknowledging what the fans already know and always has been slow in recognizing problems. You can NEVER have success when you are slow to recognize problems. Being slow to react guarantees mediocrity year-after-year-after-year and mediocrity is EXACTLY what we've become accustomed to. I actually miss he days when we just plain sucked (2-14) because at least you KNEW something would change after such a year. Mediocrity is even worse. You never really get a top-5 draft pick unless you trade up. You never quite know where to pin the problem when there is mediocrity because you can look around and find just enough positives which serve only to cloud the real issues. Mediocrity sucks and so does Ralph. His final act will be to flip us the bird by not selling the team to a person or group with Buffalo's interest in mind.

Well, on the upside, maybe the City of Buffalo will find an identity that doesn't involve its sports franchises after the Bills leave town. It's probably about time anyhow.

Teams like the Giants, Pats, Cowboys suffer an injury like Angelo Crowell and they have a ready list of veteran players and they bring them in.

Buffalo does nothing and struggles through depth players.

Fast decisions by the GM in control of the team can win games for you