missing guys in the middle

You start in the middle and build out. You need a good center on the oline. For our oline it is the weakest link. He is responsible for making the line calls as well as being the shortest point between the qb and the opposing player. He helps open up the middle on dive plays. Oh yeah and he is respnsible for getting the ball into the qbs hands who then distributes it to the playmakers. I only mention this point because our center has a problem doing this.

Then you go back to the qb position. He must be smart (football smart that is) confident and able to make decisions quickly. He must be tough and show his guys why they are protecting him. He must be a leader. a natural leader. Not someone trying to be one by being a loud rah rah guy.

On D you need a good big guy that can eat up a center and another gaurd. Someone who commands an olines attention at all times. He will not have impressive stats but everyone around him should. He must be unselfish and willing to allow other to have success. MLB should posses all the qualities the qb does for the offense. He should be tough as nails and a tackling machine. Not five yard down field but in the whole next to that big lineman that just took on those two blockers, so you could make the takle. And finally the safety. Adjust on the fly. Direct traffic so to speak in the back field.

When the Bills possesed these 6 players fitting this discription they were in the Super Bowl for 4 years. Since they all have retired or been allowed to leave, we have not a playoff to show. We have pieces of this. Especially on D. Stroud is very good, Poz and Whitner i am not so sure of. I like Poz but not sure if its because of his play or his personality. I will give him anothe ryear to prove what he has, this is really his rookie year. Whitner is looking more and more ordinary to me each week, but that might be a by product of our conservative coaches.

On o we need a center big time. And who knows about the qb. I like Trents abilities, but is he another Joe Ferguson? Sorry i know he is ill, But does Trent not have the ability to forget his mistakes? Know one is perfect but he seems to let a bad series or half ruin his game. Atleast he has since the concusion. Maybe there is more to that then we know. He has never really looked the same since the arizona game to me. Even in the KC game he was not the reason the Bills blew out the CHEFS(great google moogle).

Until the Bills get a good GM in place a real GM(we are the only team in the league w/o one btw) I fear we are in for much the same crapola.