My new regime...

I think we have to be careful about cherry-picking particular individuals for HC and coordinators. To me, it's too much meddling by the front office.....the head coach should bring along guys who will work with him and share the same visions. Just because we've seen Nolan work well as a DC doesn't mean he'd get along with or share the same thoughts and ideas as someone like Josh McDaniel. If McDaniel is hired as a HC, he is the one that should select the DC, OC, and coaches to work with them, not the front office.

It's like taking your personally-designed radio to the Chevy dealer and having them build a car around it.

So how old is McDaniel, 20? After Mangini went to the Jets, it seems all you have to do is coach one year in New England and everyone wants to make you their head coach, even if you aren't old enough to drink yet. And you think that New England's offense is no better then Buffalo's?? So Lee Evans is just as good as Randy Moss? And Josh Reed and his 30 catches a season are just as good as Welker's 98 in your mind? And the Pats' offensive line is no better then the Bills either, right? The only difference is this Josh McDaniel genius. If he came to Buffalo, Derek Dockery would be a Pro Bowl guard, Duke Preston would be able to call out the defenses when he doesn't even know what offense he's in, and Josh Reed would lead the NFL in receptions next year. Wow. If all of that were true, Ralph had better get Brandon up to New England the minute their season ends.

Not saying that at all but I do think that Evans and Moss at this point in their careers are close, I still give the nod to Moss but he's not what he was even last season. I don't think that Welker is particularly more talented than Reed or Parrish as a slot reciever but they do a much better job of using him hence his better production. For example, Wes Welker almost never catches a pass standing still, he's already moving which lets him use his speed and quickness as strengths. How many times have we hit a Reed or Parrish on the run? It seems like they are always stopped on a hook or a comeback route of some nature which totally negates their advantage. When's the last WR screen to Parrish or Reed you saw to take advantage of the YAC skills? The Pats run that play to death with Welker. It's not genius, it's just playing to your players strengths and putting them in a position to succeed. Running a fade with Lee Evans isn't helping Evans. That play needs to be run and thrown perfectly to succeed with Evans, but if you throw it to Moss you have room because he's taller and better able to make that play. To throw that to Evans with hardy or even Steve Johsnon on bench was silly. Design a play where Evans can run away from someone or beat the to a spot, not try to outleap someone.

I do think that Lynch and Jackson are far superior to any RBs New England can put on the field right now and apart from center which is an obvious problem I think our lines are close. BTW, Dockery was a Pro Bowl guard before we got him so i don't think it's a huge leap to put him back there. Same with Peters. They need to play better, but the ability is there.

To deny what he's done with Cassel in the offense just makes you sound foolish. He hadn't started a game since high school and threw for 400 yards in back to back games. So either Matt Cassel is just plain awesome and everyone is stupid for passing on him or McDaniel and his staff have done an EXCELLENT job in preparing him to play and crafting a successful gameplan for him.

I also think to discount a coach because of his age is silly. By that logic you would not have hired Bill Cowher (35), Eric Mangini (34), Mike Tomlin (35), Don Shula (33), Chuck Noll (37), George Allen (39), Jon Gruden (35), Paul Brown (38), or Bear Bryant (32).

That doesn't mean McDaniels is definetly that great, there are plenty of Mike Shula's out there too, but to say that a man who will be 33 by next opening day isn't qualified becuase he's not old enough is silly. He's been an asst on both sides of the ball (which is unusual) and has shown tremendous success. He's been New England's OC since 2006 so it's not like this is his first year.

I think we have to be careful about cherry-picking particular individuals for HC and coordinators. To me, it's too much meddling by the front office.....the head coach should bring along guys who will work with him and share the same visions. Just because we've seen Nolan work well as a DC doesn't mean he'd get along with or share the same thoughts and ideas as someone like Josh McDaniel. If McDaniel is hired as a HC, he is the one that should select the DC, OC, and coaches to work with them, not the front office.

It's like taking your personally-designed radio to the Chevy dealer and having them build a car around it.

You're right. Let's put it this way. for coordinators, those are the philosophies I would like to see.

Sorry about my sarcasm. McDaniels will be 33 with three years experience as an OC. Why not search for a coach with more experience then that? And who says Eric Mangini deserves to be in that group you placed him in? Or even Tomlin for that matter? They both seem like fine young head coaches, but until they take their teams to at least a Conference Championship game, win or lose, I do not consider them great NFL head coaches. That is my measuring stick. Get your team into the playoffs. Then win one or two playoff games, and play for a Super Bowl, at least once. Then you can be considered a great coach with a chance at the Hall of Fame. Until then, I'm not going to annoint Mangini or Tomlin for anything.

And you talk about silly? It was pretty damn silly for Tom Donahoe to hire young Gregg Williams and young Mike Mularkey. And then it was just plain stupid for Hall of Fame coach and rookie GM old Marv Levy to hire middle aged Dick Jauron. I'm not that hung up on age per say, but Williams and Mularkey had no head coaching experience and sucked. Jauron had some head coaching experience and accept for one season, he sucked.

This time around, I really think it's time for Ralph to hire an experienced, WINNING major college or NFL head coach. Cowher and Billick have both won SB's and have winning records. Marty Shots has a terrific winning record - over 200 wins. Those are the type of coach I would like to see come to Buffalo.

I would start with Spags. He unquestionably took a mediocre defense and made it great. With McDaniels, you have to wonder what he would be without the receivers and Brady. (Well, we know what he is without Brady - five more losses than last year, and counting). Spags lost Osi and Strahan and is still running one of the best defenses in the league. And he's aggressive. When was the last time the Bills were aggressive?

We should find a roll for Turner Gill. Maybe Gameday Coordinator.