So this series pretty much sums up the team this year

Rubes

We come out after halftime behind 13-3, but we get the kickoff. I told myself we must get some points on the opening drive or forget it -- I'm turning off the game.

McKelvin gets a nice return out to the 40, not bad. A couple nice plays gets another first down in Miami territory. Suddenly, it's 3rd and 2, and we need a first down badly -- we're at the Miami 39 and there's no way we kick a field goal from there. So of course Lynch gets the handoff and goes nowhere. Now it's 4th and 2 from the 39.

It was here I told myself if we punt, that's it -- Jauron would be giving up on the team this season, so I would as well. Instead, what do you know, we go for it. It's an ugly play, but hey, it's a first down at the 29. Now we've got some momentum, and we're in business.

So what happens? Two quick incompletions and it's 3rd and 10, followed by an awful pass for a 2 yard loss. But wait, there's a Miami penalty, so now it's 3rd and 5 instead. So what happens? Sack, fumble, 10 yard loss, and it's 4th down right back where we were on the previous 4th down. In comes the punting unit, up goes the white flag, and off goes the TV.

Season done. And I don't even care anymore. Watching this team is the most joyless experience in all my years of watching this cursed team.