Our Bills are soft!

Gisele

I don't think they're soft, but I just went to NFL.com and looked at defensive stats.....WOW! They have the complete lists on sacks, tackles and INT's and guess what? NOT one Buffalo Bills player other than Paul Posluszny is ranked AT ALL and he is 27th in tackles!!! Go look for yourselves, but my claim is that this team is nearly devoid of game changing playmakers of ANY sort. Ask yourselves this.... when was the last drive by the opposition stopped by a three and out or forced fumble or INT? Straining for the answer, me too!! The Cowboys have 13 Pro Bowl players and Moorman is usually our candidate, does this say enough about the dilemma when winning is being expected by fans in Dick Jauron's third year? Get him some game changers, and maybe the philosophy will NOT be to play "NOT to lose"!! Oh, and by the way, YES they can be brought in over ONE offseason!!

Yes, we are getting killed in turnover margin and we don't pressure the quarterback. But not having a player with loads and loads of tackles is a good thing. After all, if you make fewer tackles in a game it usually means you controlled the time of possession. And lately a great deal of our tackles have been coming from member of the defensive line. That's actually a really good sign for the defense.

And who the hell cares how many Pro Bowlers the Cowboys have? I couldn't give a sh*t about which, if any, of the Bills make the Pro Bowl. Do you know how many Giants made it to the Pro Bowl last season? Just one, Osi Umenyiora as a backup.

When the last monday night game started, I was fired up. Everyone around me was. I though there was so much energy that night that we were going to steamroll cleveland. But when I saw our players warming up, they looked sluggish and nonchalant. When we took the field our special teams tried hard and most of our defense looked ok, but some members of our team were clearly just not excited.

Our coaches and management have failed to motivate this team. We can talk about why, but there is no denying it. We are soft.

I will never forget last year when the giants ran the ball with two extra tackles in the game against us 13 times in a row, 12 of them against our base defense. On the last three runs, they had eight linemen in the game. I would have fired someone that day.

Just last week on the first drive of the game the niners had three tight ends and a fullback in the game and we had our base 4-3 out there. Astonishingly inept coaching frustrates an already soft team.

Yes, we are getting killed in turnover margin and we don't pressure the quarterback. But not having a player with loads and loads of tackles is a good thing. After all, if you make fewer tackles in a game it usually means you controlled the time of possession. And lately a great deal of our tackles have been coming from member of the defensive line. That's actually a really good sign for the defense.

And who the hell cares how many Pro Bowlers the Cowboys have? I couldn't give a sh*t about which, if any, of the Bills make the Pro Bowl. Do you know how many Giants made it to the Pro Bowl last season? Just one, Osi Umenyiora as a backup.

I agree 100% with what you've said. But I also agree that we don't have any playmakers back there. You can have it both ways.

When the last monday night game started, I was fired up. Everyone around me was. I though there was so much energy that night that we were going to steamroll cleveland. But when I saw our players warming up, they looked sluggish and nonchalant. When we took the field our special teams tried hard and most of our defense looked ok, but some members of our team were clearly just not excited.

Our coaches and management have failed to motivate this team. We can talk about why, but there is no denying it. We are soft.

Blaming the coaches for players being unable to motivated themselves is simply...retarded.

Not to mention, getting his guys motivated was the one thing we DID give him credit for in years 1 and 2. At some point the players HAVE to buy into the system and allow themselves to be led. See: NY Giants v Tom Coughlin up until week 11 of 2007

Soft is an understatement....I dont remember the last time I saw a Bills Player knock the snot out of someone. I personally would love to see the tampa 2 vanish. It only works when you absolutely have all the pieces of the puzzle in place. Look at the Colts, if one or 2 if their star players go down they are screwed just like us. But, if one or 2 of the jets or Pats players go down they keep pluggin along. And yeah, we need to practice outdoors in the cold, rain, snow and sleet. These guys get paid big money to be tough! I get paid not nearly as much to go off to hostile places and fight for our freedom. Semper Fi.

Have you seen the colts that last few weeks without sanders. They have had a lot of players on the defensive side hurt this year and really have not skipped a beat.

Oh sweet Jesus, when in doubt bring up the use of timeouts. Nevermind the fact they're usually called by the players, and rarely are we in a situation where we have significantly less timeouts than our opponents.

I have a buddy from Pittsburgh who holds an advanced science Ph D (no dumb cookie) and also happens to be the most knowledgeable sports fan I know. Over the weekend I stuck up for Bills fans when he said they were all winy and didn't know anything about football. After reading all these calls for Jauron's head over THE USE OF TIMEOUTS, I'm starting to agree with him. Get a grip, people. <_<

Sure, the players may be calling the timeouts, but often times it's because they're standing there clueless and not knowing what to do.

Blaming the coaches for players being unable to motivated themselves is simply...retarded.

Not to mention, getting his guys motivated was the one thing we DID give him credit for in years 1 and 2. At some point the players HAVE to buy into the system and allow themselves to be led. See: NY Giants v Tom Coughlin up until week 11 of 2007

I respect your defense of mindless lynching of, in this case, the head coach. I don't completely agree with all of your defense, but it is so easy to jump on the bashing of any particular player, or coach, without really thinking the situation through. You are clearly not one of the many mindless drones that occupy The Wall.

I have to step in hear though, and clear something up, I hope. I don't think Coughlin is a good example, in this situation. Coughlin, while a good enough coach, lost his teams (the Jags and the Giants) because, well...because he acted like a douchebag. He was part of the whole situation that took a 11-5 team, in 2005 and reduced it to a 8-8 record in 2006. Coughlin was thisclose to being fired, and deserved it, IMO. His approach to his players stunk, quite frankly...at least that's the impression I got from reading most of the reports. It was the same as his final years in Jacksonville.

But, Coughlin changed...he admits it. He realized his way wasn't working...so HE CHANGED! That's remarkable, and not very common, for any HC not to mention one of his age and experience. So, the Giants didn't turn something on, team wise, week 11 of 2007. The transformation, as I understand it, started in the offseason between 2006 and 2007.

As for Jauron, it's hard for me to get a real grasp. Just when I think he's turned a corner with this team, he makes some head scratching decisions. Now, let me say that, the coaching this season is much better than it has been for many years...but, it's still pretty bad, IMO. I'm not sure I would change HC's just yet, to be honest, unless they could secure a guy like Cower (or maybe Marty) with a proven track record as a HC...and a commitment to the running game.

Maybe Jauron needs to make a Couglin-like personal transformation (if he is destined to remain the Bills HC)...but in reverse. I don't care one way or the other how much he jumps up and down on the sideline. He doesn't need to start acting like a jerk...but, I think he may have to be a little tougher on the players, and his coordinators, behind close doors. In light of how bad the QB play was on Sunday (OK, JP played better than Edwards, but not good enough, by a long shot) I thought Turk called a decent game, and the Bills moved the ball well. But, when they got to the red zone, and when it counted, the play calling regressed to the bizarre, once again. The Bills win that game with either a decent QB performance or a decent coaching job. Unfortunately, they got neither.

I respect your defense of mindless lynching of, in this case, the head coach. I don't completely agree with all of your defense, but it is so easy to jump on the bashing of any particular player, or coach, without really thinking the situation through. You are clearly not one of the many mindless drones that occupy The Wall.

I have to step in hear though, and clear something up, I hope. I don't think Coughlin is a good example, in this situation. Coughlin, while a good enough coach, lost his teams (the Jags and the Giants) because, well...because he acted like a douchebag. He was part of the whole situation that took a 11-5 team, in 2005 and reduced it to a 8-8 record in 2006. Coughlin was thisclose to being fired, and deserved it, IMO. His approach to his players stunk, quite frankly...at least that's the impression I got from reading most of the reports. It was the same as his final years in Jacksonville.

But, Coughlin changed...he admits it. He realized his way wasn't working...so HE CHANGED! That's remarkable, and not very common, for any HC not to mention one of his age and experience. So, the Giants didn't turn something on, team wise, week 11 of 2007. The transformation, as I understand it, started in the offseason between 2006 and 2007.

As for Jauron, it's hard for me to get a real grasp. Just when I think he's turned a corner with this team, he makes some head scratching decisions. Now, let me say that, the coaching this season is much better than it has been for many years...but, it's still pretty bad, IMO. I'm not sure I would change HC's just yet, to be honest, unless they could secure a guy like Cower (or maybe Marty) with a proven track record as a HC...and a commitment to the running game.

Maybe Jauron needs to make a Couglin-like personal transformation (if he is destined to remain the Bills HC)...but in reverse. I don't care one way or the other how much he jumps up and down on the sideline. He doesn't need to start acting like a jerk...but, I think he may have to be a little tougher on the players, and his coordinators, behind close doors. In light of how bad the QB play was on Sunday (OK, JP played better than Edwards, but not good enough, by a long shot) I thought Turk called a decent game, and the Bills moved the ball well. But, when they got to the red zone, and when it counted, the play calling regressed to the bizarre, once again. The Bills win that game with either a decent QB performance or a decent coaching job. Unfortunately, they got neither.

Hey Dean, what made you decide to stay with that Dobbs pic? I used to like it when you would change them up...

Hey Dean, what made you decide to stay with that Dobbs pic? I used to like it when you would change them up...

Spaced out, got lazy. Thanks for the kick. Refresh and reveal...

Oh sweet Jesus, when in doubt bring up the use of timeouts. Nevermind the fact they're usually called by the players, and rarely are we in a situation where we have significantly less timeouts than our opponents.

I have a buddy from Pittsburgh who holds an advanced science Ph D (no dumb cookie) and also happens to be the most knowledgeable sports fan I know. Over the weekend I stuck up for Bills fans when he said they were all winy and didn't know anything about football. After reading all these calls for Jauron's head over THE USE OF TIMEOUTS, I'm starting to agree with him. Get a grip, people. <_<

I can't take anyone seriously (in a football conversation) who doesn't think the use of timeouts is significant in a football game. And if his players are calling them when they aren't supposed to, then it's a serious sign of lack of preparation. Who's accountable for that? Do the math.

I don't care how many degrees your buddy has and I don't care if he thinks we are all "winy." Anyone with half a brain and a community college degree could just as easily make that conclusion, only if they visited this board. We have the right to be after enduring years of mediocrity from this team. Would you prefer no one speak their mind?

NOBODY has single handedly called for Jauron's head over THE USE OF TIMEOUTS. But they have added that to the list of reasons why this guy should be canned. Yeah, Dick has a degree too and it's from Yale.. doesn't mean he knows what he's doing and it doesn't impress me.

You may resume defending Dick in every thread possible...

Soft is an understatement....I dont remember the last time I saw a Bills Player knock the snot out of someone. I personally would love to see the tampa 2 vanish. It only works when you absolutely have all the pieces of the puzzle in place. Look at the Colts, if one or 2 if their star players go down they are screwed just like us. But, if one or 2 of the jets or Pats players go down they keep pluggin along. And yeah, we need to practice outdoors in the cold, rain, snow and sleet. These guys get paid big money to be tough! I get paid not nearly as much to go off to hostile places and fight for our freedom. Semper Fi.

I do not agree that the Bills are soft. If there is one thing good about this team, it is the fact that they all play hard, and hit hard. They are short on quality coaching, and short on talent ....not hustle and toughness

And Dean, feel free to suggest such a reason. I am apparently unaware of one.

I have no idea if there is one, or not. I was just doing my best to provoke a flame war...actually, it wasn't anywhere near "my best". :devil:

Nice, I like it. If only you could find one of him and a vaporizer, I hear there better for your health... I'm just sayin' :lol:

I have no idea what you are talking about. :unsure: