Was Singletary wrong for dropping his drawers?

BuffaloBill

It doesn't seemed to have helped the 49ers all that much...but if dropping your pants works for you, more power to you...personally, I loved Singletary as a player, but I think he is making himself look like an ass since getting the head coach job in SF. Didn't Bobby Knight supposedly do the same thing, but wipe his ass in front of his players, to let them know that they were being used by the other team as "ass wipes"? Intense? Yeah...I suppose...Motivating? I am not so sure. Classless and without any dignity? Yes, I am pretty sure...

Personally, I kind of feel like there have been plenty of successful coaches who have won with dignity...Jauron may not be one of them...but I would rather the Bills be on the lookout for the next Joe Gibbs or Tom Landry than the next Bobby Knight...both types can win, but I'll take class over ass, in my succesfull football coach.

If he were my HC I'd have to bite my lip to keep from laughing.

He was pissed that it got out of the locker room and thought anything that happens in the locker room stays in the locker room and I agree with that, but it's obvious, to me, how this got out. One guy on the 69ers called a friend in the NFL who's on another team and told him about because it's so effed up and then it became a wild fire.

I agree about the class thing! :D

You may be right, but screaming and carrying on, dropping your drawers, isn't really passion or real emotion, it is a schtick, performed to manipulate a response. This stuff can work short term, but normally wares off...who is to say that you can't carry yourself with a certain amount of decorum, and not have any emotion? Dan Reeves was a very classy guy, but managed to show "real" passion and emotion, without acting like an idiot. This schtick thing made Herm Edwards "coach of the year" one year, and hoodwinked a number of people into thinking he was a good NFL coach...I don't think there is anything wrong with a coach getting in a players face from time to time, but don't expect your guys to act like men, when you treat them like children...Singletary is trying to get his players attention...2 emotional outbursts in 4 weeks...he has their attention...now he has to do the trickier thing of turning them into good footbal players.

A good coach knows what buttons to push sublimely.

Fags? 69ers? Where did the P.C. police go? If I make remarks like that theres 400 posts saying I am the sort of right wing scum this country needs to get rid of.

We're gay, so we're allowed to make the comments. You're straight, so you can't.

Get with the program, man.

Yeah jim, but for every 400 posts you get about what scum you are, there are 40,000 people thinking the same thing you just said. besides, fag isnt really a hate word anymore. Gay guys call themselves fags, whatever. Just because the gold rush was in '46 and not 69, do not see what relevance 20 years has to the 49 ers being homosexual. History isnt everyones strong suit.

Yeah jim, but for every 400 posts you get about what scum you are, there are 40,000 people thinking the same thing you just said. besides, fag isnt really a hate word anymore. Gay guys call themselves fags, whatever. Just because the gold rush was in '46 and not 69, do not see what relevance 20 years has to the 49 ers being homosexual. History isnt everyones strong suit.

are you serial?

Wow, this isn't about history too much. Just easy ways to pick on the 9er faithless.

On one hand you have to admire the passion (usually when I drop my pants too...lol) but on the other does he really think that would motivate his team? I lean towards the latter but I really respect his fire. I wish you could pass some of it on to Jauron.

not sure. did he have any dingleberries? in that case, maybe they'll call him "mike dingleberry"