lets review this losman disaster

TheKing

I dont want anyone to think I'm belaboring this disaster, I ask the question for a couple of reasons.

It gives us an idea of what these so called experts know.

And as losmans days are winding down in Buffalo we review the history of one of the Bills biggest draft errors.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont want anyone to think I'm belaboring this disaster, I ask the question for a couple of reasons.

And as losmans days are winding down in Buffalo we review the history of one of the Bills biggest draft errors.

One good way to not make people think you're belaboring an issue is to not belabor an issue. It happened dude, get over it. Losman isn't the first bust for the Bills and he won't be the last.

The error in my opinion was not drafting Losman. It was the coaches Losman has had. JP has a similar skill set to Flutie & had he been utilized in the same manner I believe he would have been successful in Buffalo.

I'm sorry you don't have a dad that could have filled you in on the Bills history & football knowledge in general.

The error in my opinion was not drafting Losman. It was the coaches Losman has had. JP has a similar skill set to Flutie & had he been utilized in the same manner I believe he would have been successful in Buffalo.

We know that is probably not true because he failed under multiple coaches.

Losman is the common denominator

Hard to say. In his only fulll season he has been the best Bills QB in a while. Trent's season looks like it'll come up short compared to JP 2006. Worse numbers and particularly weak in touchdown passes with too many turnovers for a guy who's strength is to move the chains and keep the offense on the field. Take all the emotion and subjectivity out of it, the offense is a bit more productive and more explosive under JP. Trent's preference to keep it short means defenses play closer to the line and reduce the run game as well.

Hard to say. In his only fulll season he has been the best Bills QB in a while. Trent's season looks like it'll come up short compared to JP 2006. Worse numbers and particularly weak in touchdown passes with too many turnovers for a guy who's strength is to move the chains and keep the offense on the field. Take all the emotion and subjectivity out of it, the offense is a bit more productive and more explosive under JP. Trent's preference to keep it short means defenses play closer to the line and reduce the run game as well.

This isn't about trent.

He's still going to be here.

This is about reviewing the history of Losman as the book is closing on his stay here.

Coming out of Tulane, JP had a rep as a player with physical talent that played on a poor team & would need time to develop.

Do you know if Parcell's had any opinion on him?

The Tuna seems to get a good read on players most of the time.

We know that is probably not true because he failed under multiple coaches.

Losman is the common denominator

This is what I mean about general football knowledge. Anyone that knows about football will tell you multiple coaches are a detriment to a young player, especially a QB, & one that requires more than average development at that. JP would have faired much better going to a team like Seattle where Holmgren would have tutored him properly.

This isn't about trent.

He's still going to be here.

This is about reviewing the history of Losman as the book is closing on his stay here.

And part of reviewing Losman's history with the Bills is looking at what specific "experts" thought of him before the draft? I don't really understand what it is you're trying to do here.

And part of reviewing Losman's history with the Bills is looking at what specific "experts" thought of him before the draft? I don't really understand what it is you're trying to do here.

Yeah I want to get an idea of what the thinking was at the time ok?

What were you saying on this pick?