This season

BillsVet

I've been ready for the 2008 season since free agency started in February. When Stroud, Mitchell, and Johnson came via trade and UFA this was an energized fan base. The draft, mini-camp, training camp, and pre-season only heightened expecations. But as in the previous few seasons, we're left with a monumental let-down which has demonstrated how far the Bills are from respectability.

Over the past eight seasons, the marketing department has done a fine job of creating hype which ultimately is never met. Perhaps it can't be, but 56,000+ season tickets sold is evidence that a lot of people bought into a team without as much talent in the front office, on the field, and coaching like we thought.

Right now, I still think this team is in rebuilding mode, and it's going to take more than cosmetic changes to get this team on track for success. I resolve to never again get too hyped up about a team that hasn't demonstrated any success since the 20th century.

I will also not get hyped if Jauron is fired, a real GM is hired, and the team makes personnel moves that look good in the off-season. Only when they can physically beat good teams consistently and gain a playoff berth will I start to think optimistically about this franchise. Until then, it's best to keep expectations low. Especially when you consider the cloud of uncertainty hanging over the future of this franchise isn't going away anytime soon.