The Annual Bills Witch Hunt is On

DFITZ1

Like every year since the '99, the annual Bills witch hunt is in full force. Who will join the likes of Flutie, Johnson, Bledsoe, Losman, Philips, Donahoe, Mularkey, Williams in the January hit list. From posts and media it looks like Edwards is leading Jauron in that catagory. What doesn't make sense is all the Edwards accusers seem to have forgotten that he was the second coming of Jim Kelly the first 4 games, and showed poise and promise all last year. What only a few have asked is why is he suddenly looking like he lined up behind center for the first time. Makes no sense at all. There in lies my part of the witch hunt and it is directed straight at Night of the Living Dead Star Dick Jauron. Even before I read some earlier posts, my first thought was that the fog hadn't cleared from his concussion. Most normal coaches and docs would keep him out until the cranial fog had lifted. But, Jauron and Co have already demonstrated that they will play an injured player even if its to the detriment of the team and the player. Against the Fin, Jauron played McGee against their speedy receiver with a not yet healed sprained knee, saw him get toasted, then in an act of utter stupidity, left him in to be toasted again and again. Completely idiotic! My theory is he's done it again. Even after the 3 int's, when Edwards ran near the goal line and didn't call a TO right away, ESPN thought he was inexperienced. He isn't. Looking at his face, he was dazed and his head was scrambled. Jauron should have pulled him not as punishment but to prevent permanant injury in my opinion.

The Edwards situation aside, Jauron and Co have been consistently outcoached in both game prep and in-game decisions. The choice to sit on a 50 yard FG with a minute left and a TO makes no sense at all. I've had people at work (I'm not in WNY) come up to me all day and ask why the Bills did that (somehow, once people find out I'm from Buffalo they think I have instant access to the sideline headsets). Non-football people thought it was stupid. On top of that, a coach needs to motivate his players and get the most out of them (self motivation only goes so far when pain's a factor). Last week in NE, this team played with no heart and it was a direct reflection of Jauron's leadership. This guy seemed to hardly care when things went wrong (remember Bobby April screaming at the ref, while DJ looked stonefaced). If the coach doesn't care, neither will the players. The players are fine, but underperforming too often, or have one big play and then tank for the next 5.

For this years witch hunt, I say leave the players alone and point your brooms at the coach. Their play is a reflection of him.

Like every year since the '99, the annual Bills witch hunt is in full force. Who will join the likes of Flutie, Johnson, Bledsoe, Losman, Philips, Donahoe, Mularkey, Williams in the January hit list. From posts and media it looks like Edwards is leading Jauron in that catagory. What doesn't make sense is all the Edwards accusers seem to have forgotten that he was the second coming of Jim Kelly the first 4 games, and showed poise and promise all last year. What only a few have asked is why is he suddenly looking like he lined up behind center for the first time. Makes no sense at all. There in lies my part of the witch hunt and it is directed straight at Night of the Living Dead Star Dick Jauron. Even before I read some earlier posts, my first thought was that the fog hadn't cleared from his concussion. Most normal coaches and docs would keep him out until the cranial fog had lifted. But, Jauron and Co have already demonstrated that they will play an injured player even if its to the detriment of the team and the player. Against the Fin, Jauron played McGee against their speedy receiver with a not yet healed sprained knee, saw him get toasted, then in an act of utter stupidity, left him in to be toasted again and again. Completely idiotic! My theory is he's done it again. Even after the 3 int's, when Edwards ran near the goal line and didn't call a TO right away, ESPN thought he was inexperienced. He isn't. Looking at his face, he was dazed and his head was scrambled. Jauron should have pulled him not as punishment but to prevent permanant injury in my opinion.

The Edwards situation aside, Jauron and Co have been consistently outcoached in both game prep and in-game decisions. The choice to sit on a 50 yard FG with a minute left and a TO makes no sense at all. I've had people at work (I'm not in WNY) come up to me all day and ask why the Bills did that (somehow, once people find out I'm from Buffalo they think I have instant access to the sideline headsets). Non-football people thought it was stupid. On top of that, a coach needs to motivate his players and get the most out of them (self motivation only goes so far when pain's a factor). Last week in NE, this team played with no heart and it was a direct reflection of Jauron's leadership. This guy seemed to hardly care when things went wrong (remember Bobby April screaming at the ref, while DJ looked stonefaced). If the coach doesn't care, neither will the players. The players are fine, but underperforming too often, or have one big play and then tank for the next 5.

For this years witch hunt, I say leave the players alone and point your brooms at the coach. Their play is a reflection of him.

i don't think it will be jauron. ralph is not willing to pay a quality coach.jauron is average at best and safe.thats the way ralph likes it.imo some ast. coach will most likely get chopped. i believe a handful of players get tossed as well. melvin fowler, jp losman,duke preston could be dumped as well.plus they won't resign jabari.

Edwards played good against SD, but I still think he hasn't been the same since the hit in the AZ game. Don't know who will take the fall this year, but the last three running play's on Monday night were gawd awful play calling. Where is the no huddle offense? Lee Evans? Roscoe?

i don't think it will be jauron. ralph is not willing to pay a quality coach.jauron is average at best and safe.thats the way ralph likes it.imo some ast. coach will most likely get chopped. i believe a handful of players get tossed as well. melvin fowler, jp losman,duke preston could be dumped as well.plus they won't resign jabari.

I have a feeling you're right. One of the penalties of being a lower income team in the salary cap world is the staff and front office is where money gets squeezed. You can only hope that you can uncover an up and coming coach before the Jerry Jones's lure him away for the salary equal to the entire Bills staff.

About time. I'll bring the pitchforks, who's bringing the torches, and who's bringing the rope?

Since this is a "witch hunt", are we allowed to waterboard?

I have a feeling you're right. One of the penalties of being a lower income team in the salary cap world is the staff and front office is where money gets squeezed. You can only hope that you can uncover an up and coming coach before the Jerry Jones's lure him away for the salary equal to the entire Bills staff.

jauron and his staff = safe for ralph and cheap.we are in the longest rebuilding period in the history od the game of football it seems.throw in the fact that maybe ralph doesn't want to go through another shake up of his team

jauron and his staff = safe for ralph and cheap.we are in the longest rebuilding period in the history od the game of football it seems.throw in the fact that maybe ralph doesn't want to go through another shake up of his team

I'm getting tired of the 3 year experiments myself. What I don't know is how to change it. I thought RW learned after Kay Stephenson that poor coaches equals empty seats. Perhaps the extra bucks from Toronto can go to a decent coaching staff. Retreads and wannabees have only led to mediocrity. I don't think of us as rebuilding as much as perpetually mediocre. Good enough to make us fans feel that each year we have a chance to make the playoffs, only to fade late in the season. We aren't as bad as the mid-80's or '68-'71 Bills, but too darn mediocre.

About time. I'll bring the pitchforks, who's bringing the torches, and who's bringing the rope?

Since this is a "witch hunt", are we allowed to waterboard?

During the Salem Witch Hysteria, one poor guy, Giles Corey (I may have the name backwards) was pressed to death during a 3 day interrogation by the Salem Sheriff, hoping to get a confession, and thus rights to his land. Pressing meant they laid him flat in a shallow pit and placed heavy stones on him until he either confessed or died. He chose the latter to ensure the the sheriff would not take control of his land and it would pass down to his daughter and son-in-law. While he should have been gone forever, it is believed his ghost still roams the Howard St cemetery in Salem and some say was visibly present just before a major fire burned 1/3rd of Salem circa 1914.

Lesson - NO VIOLENCE PLEASE! Buffalo sports has enough curses, we don't need to add another.