The bone-heads that want to dump Trent

How many balls were DROPPED by Browns receivers? Stats can LIE. Anyone that watched that game with clear eyes KNOWS Brady with much less experience than Trent, CLEARLY outplayed Trent last night & is a BETTER QB.

Sorry, you don't play well and get to 14 of 36 with a rash of drops.

Edwards played good enough to win last night - we shouldn't lose sight of that....

Sorry, you don't play well and get to 14 of 36 with a rash of drops.

Edwards played good enough to win last night - we shouldn't lose sight of that....

ROFL

edwards played like sh--, and we almost won in SPITE of him, not because of him.

:thumbdown:

Come on, man. We've seen some bad performances by QBs in a Bills uniform over the past decade. That was a top-five craptacular game. Had they not played a 3-6 team with a QB playing his first road game they would have been down by three TDs in the first quarter. Lets try and keep some perspective.

:thumbdown:

Come on, man. We've seen some bad performances by QBs in a Bills uniform over the past decade. That was a top-five craptacular game. Had they not played a 3-6 team with a QB playing his first road game they would have been down by three TDs in the first quarter. Lets try and keep some perspective.

O.k. let me be clear here - Trent Edwards was terrible for most of the game last night. There is no question that after throwing three picks in his first 6 passes that he turned into a complete deer in headlights, and just didn't have the confidence to take even normal risks throwing the football. Clearly, the collapse of Trent's confidence crippled our offense for most of the game.

However, once Trent Edwards was forced by circumstances to make throws down the field he responded with the strike to Royal. There is no doubt in my mind that he would have hit a few more passes had they only been called. And if he hits another pass and Lindell makes that field goal - we're probably not having this conversation right now.

JDG

O.k. let me be clear here - Trent Edwards was terrible for most of the game last night. There is no question that after throwing three picks in his first 6 passes that he turned into a complete deer in headlights, and just didn't have the confidence to take even normal risks throwing the football. Clearly, the collapse of Trent's confidence crippled our offense for most of the game.

However, once Trent Edwards was forced by circumstances to make throws down the field he responded with the strike to Edwards. There is no doubt in my mind that he would have hit a few more passes had they only been called. And if he hits another pass and Lindell makes that field goal - we're probably not having this conversation right now.

JDG

Even if Lindell made that field goal & the Bills win, Trent played a TERRIBLE game.

I have been hearing a lot of calls to bench Trent and even talk that he is not out future QB. It's only his second year for goodness sake. Despite throwing 3 INTS we still had chance to win in the end. Bad play calling on the last three plays cost us this game. How many QBS do you know of in their second year play flawless football? Everyone seems to forget that we are finally starting to turn the corner from being horrible the past 8 years. We have had a huge meltdown the past month but we would not even be .500 right now if we got rid of Trent or played Losman. We need to start buliding the line on both sides. That's the key. All great teams of today have sured up their offensive and defensive lines. That's our problem. We are only a few big guys away from ending these missed playoff seasons.

Would you rather be a 5-5 team or a 3-7 team like the last decade? People expect too much. YOu can't win all the time. We are heading in the right direction but it takes time. Teams take 3 to 4 years to rebuild. We are only in the second year of that process. I promise you, be patient. We are finally forming into a team that is capable of winning a SB in the next couple years.

I guess the Cowboys should have dumped Romo after his game against us last year? The people on this board are ridiculous with the calls for benching. There were many people calling for Marshawn to be benched after one quarter last night, give me a break.

I guess the Cowboys should have dumped Romo after his game against us last year? The people on this board are ridiculous with the calls for benching. There were many people calling for Marshawn to be benched after one quarter last night, give me a break.

the difference being, romo has actually accomplished things in the NFL other than beating on bottom-feeders.

For everyone throwing Trent out already, here's something for you to think about. Besides he's only had 18 starts, was already in a funk, and is still very young, here's another reason not to throw him under the bus for four bad games.

"The Bills' Trent Edwards became the first QB to throw three picks in the opening quarter of a game since Peyton Manning did so at San Diego on Nov. 11, 2007."

Thats from the ESPN recap of the game in the fast facts box. SO yea, even already established quarterbacks had that kind of a start to a game as he did. From what I remember, Peyton did rebound and have a good game, but they did lose because of a last second FG miss by Vinatieri. I'm pretty sure that the Indy people weren't calling for Jim Sorgi after that game.

I know that Peyton did probably bring them back, (I'm not sure I can't remember exactly), but Trent also did make that big throw to Royal on the last drive after Cleveland took the lead again, to get us into fg range. It was then Jauron's bumhole that tightened again and called three straight runs to accept a 47 yarder instead of take one more shot to get it to 40, or 38 yards.

So don't throw him under the bus entirely. I agree, it was his fault more than anyone's that we lost this game, and he's been a big reason for the 0-4 streak. But he's had 18 starts. Peyton was 16-16 after his first 2 full seasons, with his first FULL season being 3-13 (Trent hasn't yet had a full season. Last year he was on and off with his injuries and first start in week 4), and Eli was 17-15 in his first two full seasons (again, he started from the get go).

Trent is 10-9 in one in a half years, without a full continuous season under his belt. Just give him more time. I'm just as mad as the next guy, don't get me wrong. But just look at those stats and understand that QB's need time and experience. Big Ben is the only freak that went right off the bat and won most of his games. Give Trent time and he'll come around to what we saw earlier in the year and a bit last year.

I have been hearing a lot of calls to bench Trent and even talk that he is not out future QB. It's only his second year for goodness sake. Despite throwing 3 INTS we still had chance to win in the end. Bad play calling on the last three plays cost us this game. How many QBS do you know of in their second year play flawless football? Everyone seems to forget that we are finally starting to turn the corner from being horrible the past 8 years. We have had a huge meltdown the past month but we would not even be .500 right now if we got rid of Trent or played Losman. We need to start buliding the line on both sides. That's the key. All great teams of today have sured up their offensive and defensive lines. That's our problem. We are only a few big guys away from ending these missed playoff seasons.

Would you rather be a 5-5 team or a 3-7 team like the last decade? People expect too much. YOu can't win all the time. We are heading in the right direction but it takes time. Teams take 3 to 4 years to rebuild. We are only in the second year of that process. I promise you, be patient. We are finally forming into a team that is capable of winning a SB in the next couple years.

Dude, I've been supporting Edwards through this whole thing. I think they need to stick with him also, simply because they don't have much choice right now. But the fact is, this kids' performances are a BIG problem right now. It's not Jauron's fault that he threw three picks this time, not the offensive line's fault this time, not even the lack of running game's fault nor the defenses fault. It is totally, 100 % Trent Edwards fault. He either needs to find his way out of this or use that great big Stanford education and do something else.

Maybe it is too early to judge Edwards, but he's not showing any signs of improvement. I really thought after playing horribly against Miami or even the Jets he would get his act together and improve. Instead he's still stuck in a rut. If we haven't been subjected to this repeatedly for the past 10 years or so, I would feel the same as you - let the kid figure things out and get experience, but personally I don't think he's the answer and I'm tired of being so patient. I'm tired of waiting for the team to be rebuilt when I see a lot of other teams rebuild in half the time. I'm tired of saying "maybe next year" every year during this point in the season. The playoff drought continues...