Dustin Fox is back

K-Gun10

Fox provides versatility

By Chris Brown - Posted November 12th, 2008

Adding Dustin Fox to the practice squad was a good move. I asked Dick Jauron if he was comfortable with just four cornerbacks on his active roster on Monday. He said he was, but that they’d keep looking.

Fox was one of the last men trimmed from the roster. I’d be willing to be he was player #54 or #55 back in early September. I was just surprised he wasn’t carried on the practice squad from the beginning of the season.

Nothing against Fox, but I thought the Bills might take a closer look at more of a pure cornerback like Fernando Bryant, who signed with Pittsburgh on Tuesday. Fox is more of a hybrid DB.

Of course if they signed Bryant they’d have to make a 53-man roster move immediately since he’s not practice squad eligible.

Makes no difference now. I just like the fact that they have someone in reserve that’s played in NFL games and can help in subpackages as a cover player or at safety should he be needed on the active roster. He’s one injury away.

Tags: Dustin Fox, Fernando Bryant

Fox provides versatility

Adding Dustin Fox to the practice squad was a good move. I asked Dick Jauron if he was comfortable with just four cornerbacks on his active roster on Monday. He said he was, but that they’d keep looking.

Fox was one of the last men trimmed from the roster. I’d be willing to be he was player #54 or #55 back in early September. I was just surprised he wasn’t carried on the practice squad from the beginning of the season.

Nothing against Fox, but I thought the Bills might take a closer look at more of a pure cornerback like Fernando Bryant, who signed with Pittsburgh on Tuesday. Fox is more of a hybrid DB.

Of course if they signed Bryant they’d have to make a 53-man roster move immediately since he’s not practice squad eligible.

Makes no difference now. I just like the fact that they have someone in reserve that’s played in NFL games and can help in subpackages as a cover player or at safety should he be needed on the active roster. He’s one injury away.

Nice, I remember Fox laying out some brutal hits on special teams last year.

Fox provides versatility

Oh boy, another DB! Can he play LB or D-line? Jauron probably believes he can. Soon the Bills will field 11 DBs on defense, all playing at least 7 yards off the ball and back-pedaling as soon as the ball is snapped. "You can't be too safe in this league".

Oh boy, another DB! Can he play LB or D-line? Jauron probably believes he can. Soon the Bills will field 11 DBs on defense, all playing at least 7 yards off the ball and back-pedaling as soon as the ball is snapped. "You can't be too safe in this league".

What do you mean another DB? We only had 4 cornerbacks active on our roster before Fox.