A voice from my childhood is gone...

buckeyemike

Link from ESPN.com.

Link from the Cleveland Plain Dealer.

I know some of you may remember Score as a terrific pitcher who got hit in the eye by a line drive in 1957, but I remember him as the voice of many Cleveland summers. Usually, the Indians would be pretty bad, but I always loved listening to Herb. I also went to high school with his son Dave, who was a year ahead of me at Rocky River High.

Although I did not know him personally, his voice was always one that meant warm weather and summer was on the way, especially when heard from Tucson or Winter Haven during a March snowstorm.

His last game? Game 7 of the 1997 World Series, lost by the Tribe in heartbreaking fashion to the Marlins.

About a year after that, Score had a car accident that almost killed him. I know he had at least two strokes after that and had been confined to a wheelchair for the past several years.

RIP Herb. You will be missed by all in Cleveland over the age of 20. :devil:

Link from ESPN.com.

Link from the Cleveland Plain Dealer.

I know some of you may remember Score as a terrific pitcher who got hit in the eye by a line drive in 1957, but I remember him as the voice of many Cleveland summers. Usually, the Indians would be pretty bad, but I always loved listening to Herb. I also went to high school with his son Dave, who was a year ahead of me at Rocky River High.

Although I did not know him personally, his voice was always one that meant warm weather and summer was on the way, especially when heard from Tucson or Winter Haven during a March snowstorm.

His last game? Game 7 of the 1997 World Series, lost by the Tribe in heartbreaking fashion to the Marlins.

About a year after that, Score had a car accident that almost killed him. I know he had at least two strokes after that and had been confined to a wheelchair for the past several years.

RIP Herb. You will be missed by all in Cleveland over the age of 20. :blink:

wow-- a legend in Cleveland and elsewhere. A lot of my family was from Cleveland and I heard all the stories. RIP Herb