3rd & 1, have we lost faith in our running game?

Mark Vader

The Bills were faced with two crucial 3rd & 1 plays today, and on both occasions they went to the passing game. The first time they were successful, the second time they were'nt.

Another observation: The Bills had just gotten the ball from the Patriots missed FG, a great chance to get some points before the half. The Bills next plays were as follows: Pass, Pass, Pass, & Pass. The results: One first down, and then a punt. The Bills had crossed midfield but were too far our of FG range, and all of their timeouts were still available.

Are the coaches saying that Lynch & Jackson are not good eough to get the offense the yardage they need in these crucial situations?

From what I see, the Bills are relying far too much on Trent Edwards getting us the victory. I think Trent is the QB we need to be successful, even though he has hit a slump, he can come back from it. Yet the Bills are relying far too much on the passing game, despite the fact that the offense has been hindered with the loss of Josh Reed.

Evans is getting double teamed and opposing defense's are not afraid of Parrish, Hardy or Johnson. That leaves the RB's & TE's as the receiving threats, and our opponents don't care about them because they won't make big plays against them.

We have to run the ball more. I know our run blocking sucks, but we can't have Trent throwing 50 passes a game and expect to win.

There must be some way we can get the ball to Lynch and Jackson and find some success. After all we can't possibly expect to get anywhere if we continue passing on 3rd & 1.