Tony Mullen

Bill from NYC

I first met Tony in 1981. He was a classmate, and 18 years later he was my boss. I watched him motivate guys, even those who were burned out, sullen, bitter, or even hated the world. I have never seen anything like it.

When he was transferred to us, people from his previous command called us and cursed us out as if it was our fault. Some actually threatened us that we better not screw him over. It was bizzare. I can't stress it enough....there are guys who would jump off of a bridge if Tony Mullen asked them to. He truly cared about all of his people, as well as the people he served.

At the end of his career, he was screamed at and humiliated by a borough commander because he didn't know the exact details of 1 of approx. 50 burglaries. Tony's stats were great, and I mean all of them, from crime stats to civilian complaints. So what happened? He was victimized by jealous top brass. He didn't freak out; he was pure class. He waited 2 weeks and informed this scumbag politely tht he was putting in his papers. He actually lasted about 1 month longer than me. I can't wait to call him on the phone and congratulate him.

The parents and children of Ct. are truly lucky to have Tony working for them. When I saw the headline, I knew it had to be Tony before I clicked on.

Sorry to bore you guys. :devil: I thought that it might be refreshing to hear a story about one of the true "good guys."

You Go My Brother!!!!!!!!!