Is TW not carrying the game tonight?

LabattBlue

My Comcast system is now pulling stations from the basic level while running commercials that tell people that the coming change to digital will not effect them. I've already lost MSNBC, National Geo, and a few others. Maybe GG or Cablebabe can tell us what cable systems are going to carry on the basic/analog feed, after February 2009. My inquires to Comcast have all gone unanswered. I'm guessing it all depends on the contracts with networks and some huge customers demand...]

That's weird. Wonder why they're doing that? <_< We aren't changing anything.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the thoughtful answer, Dean.

This channel "shifting" has been also happening here in the SW Ohio area...T-W.

The F.C.C. sent letters (fwiw) to cable companies and to Verizon about this:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27538936/

I think your "roll-your-own" idea has good merit. I can't see it being a technical hardship for the companies; in T-W's so-called digital variety tier here, you can already purchase individual channels.

Thanks for the article. Unfortunately, no answers there, either, yet. I guess purchasing individual, non premium, channels is one option. If they cost less than $1 a month, then it probably isn't a bad option. I'm guessing it is quite a bit more than that, though.

Cablebabe, glad to hear your TW system is not pulling this stunt. As the article noted, there is virtually no notice before the channels get pulled (that's true in my experience, too). One would expect to see a crawl on the channel weeks before the switch, informing viewers, and a notice in the bill well before hand.

When I called Comcast about the loss of National Geo, I was told "It was in the newspaper".