Late night 1000th Post

Spiderweb

This is a team that can stand toe to toe with almost anyone (at least thru the 1st 6 games this year). Unfortunately, what we have is a collection of players that right now continue to find ways to lose games.

Today it was catchable balls that weren't just dropped, they were tipped right to defenders for picks. We have a struggling QB who still forces throws in key moments that have hurt us. We have horrible FS (Izell) that hasn't a clue and looks like he's afraid of contact, can't play in coverage, and gets beat in key moments every game he's in. Posey, where is he? The only time I see him is when he's getting stonewalled by the oppositions RT.

And as we all know, we haven't seen good offensive line play since the early 90's. We've tried to establish a ball control offense with a line that simply doesn't run block well enough to really be successful. Pass blocking has even been worse.

I was aware that Travis Henry is a one dimensional back, and yet I supported him but his failures this year (slipping on a TD run when there was for him to score), trips when holes were there on key third downs, and ridiculously bad blitz pickups have soured me on him right now. McGahee gains yards after contact too and right now appears to be the better back. Time to give McGahee the rock and see what he can do. So far, he seems to have the potential still in him to be great.

Moulds is still very good but seems to have suffered more concentration (drops) lapses than I remember him having in the past. Today, he had his hands on 12 points and didn't make either play. Also contributed to an INT that goes against Bledsoe, but was definitely his fault.

Reed has been a disappointment to all of us to date. The kid just can't seem to get going. Baxter really owned him in coverage today with only a few exceptions.

Evans is raw, very raw, but needs to be utilized a bit more, especially in space (between the 20's).

Mike Williams struggles in pass protection (especially against the quicker DE & LB's) and with his size he's not been a dominating run blocker either. Remember Howard Ballard? His pass protection (although he got better) started out horribly, yet he was a road grader in his time with the Bills in the run game. What seems to be Mike's biggest problem is that he just doesn't seem to have much fire in his belly and his desire came into serious question during camp and the preseason this past summer. That's not a good sign. I have to hope he puts it together yet because he can and should dominate. Maybe ultimately it will be as a guard, but we need him to get going.

Jonas Jennings? What can I say. Healthy, he's good, but I can't recall any O-Lineman for the Bills that struggles with nicks and bumps more than he. While I'm glad we picked up Price to back up the tackles, he shows me every time on the field why he's a backup. He played less than adequate today as well. Getting back to Jennings, he looks as if he's gone after this year anyway, unless the league looks at him as being too fragile as I do.

Watching the Bills-Ravens highlites on the NFL channel right now and it's not good. Man, how I despise Bellick. Now it's Sanders, dag....this is bad. Here's Mularkey, depressing. Says JP is a month away. Drew sounds and looks finished. Sure miss his fire from the 1st half of 2002.

As for Ryan Denny, I think he's plays far better than anyone here will give him credit for. He may not be a sack master, but plays tough. Kelsay seems outgunned to date. One good play and 4-5 where's he's dominated.

I could rant on and on but it's late and time for bed. Frustrated and disappointed as I am, I'll be back next week rooting on the Bills against the Cards. It's a shame that after 6 games all we have left is to play for respectibility, but right now that's it. This is a team that will jell very soon or next year we're going see a lot of new faces and some that go might surprise more than a few of us.

GO BILLS!!!!!

I went, I saw, and I cried. What a sad state of affairs. Can the Bills really hang "toe-to-toe" with anybody? Overall, its a big NO. If an offense can't score more than 14 points its got to be NO.

Balls were dropped. Some were tipped because they were thrown too high.

The Ravens fans were just begging the Bills to get the ball. They laughed Drew Bledsoe off the field.

:blush: