The Madman of West Texas

buckeyemike

Earlier, I stated how much I like Mike Singletary as a head coach already. Well, going to the other end of the coaching spetrum, we have Mike Leach.

He has a law degree from Pepperdine and apparently likes to collect pirate memorabilia. He's also just a strange guy. I don't think he'd last 5 minutes at an SEC school, but he seems like he genuinely enjoys what he does. And, oh, that offense...since 2000, they have to be averaging somewhere near 50 points a game. The Raiders rung up 63 on a pretty good Kansas team (in Lawrence), and a few years back, they hung a 70-spot on the Cornhuskers.

Since Tech's way out in Lubbock (which has been referred to as "Lubf---istan", as well as being located somewhere between Mexico and "Watch out for that snake, you fool!"), he doesn't get near the attention that Mack Brown and Bob Stoops get. He also hasn't won quite as much, but that seems to be changing.

Tech is 8-0 and has its highest ranking since 1976.

Bluefire, you headed to Lubbock this weekend?

Bluefire's a pu$$y & he can't even spell Lubbock, no way he heads out to West Texas.

I did say on the College Football board that if he heads out to Lubbock, 55,000 Tech fans will throw tortillas at him. <_<