Stats Question

Guest FUKK THE BILLS

in week 5 against AZ did Marshawn have 44 or 55 yards rushing? ESPN box score shows him with 13 carries for 55 but NFL.com shows him with 12 for 44

ESPN has Marshawn carrying the ball for 11 yards on the Bills second 2nd qtr possession but NFL.com shows that as a Freddie Jackson carry. Anyone know who carried for those 11 yards? This controversy is for my fantasy league and will determine the winner of that week (yes, it was 3 weeks ago and still has not been resolved)

I had a recording of that game but unfortunately had to erase it because I only have enough free space on my hard drive to keep one game at a time. Hopefully someone else here has a recording of the game and can verify for certain.

According the the nfl.com gamebook, which IMO is probably the more reliable source, this play took place with 3:43 left in the 2nd quarter.

in week 5 against AZ did Marshawn have 44 or 55 yards rushing? ESPN box score shows him with 13 carries for 55 but NFL.com shows him with 12 for 44

ESPN has Marshawn carrying the ball for 11 yards on the Bills second 2nd qtr possession but NFL.com shows that as a Freddie Jackson carry. Anyone know who carried for those 11 yards? This controversy is for my fantasy league and will determine the winner of that week (yes, it was 3 weeks ago and still has not been resolved)

Marshawn Lynch On 10/05 @ ARIZONA 12rushes for 44 yards and 0 td's......

When I did FF off the net I made sure everybody understood that NFL.com had the final say in any stat disputes. I don't think it' s unreasonable to tell people NFL.com is the official site and therefore the final word. In the future, pick one site like NFL.com and tell everyone at the beginning of the season that these are the final stats. You can probably do that after settling this dispute too.

These kinds of problems are why only do it on the net now.

The gamebook from NFL GSIS (the official stats given to the media) has 12-44 for Lynch. It also has a notation on the top of Page 1 that it was updated on 10/15, so the ESPN box was probably the original version.

There was only one 11-yard carry by Buffalo in that game. From the extended PBP:

1-10-ARZ 40 (3:43) (Shotgun) 22-F.Jackson left tackle to ARZ 29 for 11 yards (58-K.Dansby, 47-A.Francisco).

1st Down Rushing: BUF Rushing Yards: BUF 22 (F.Jackson), 11 yards Assisted Tackle: ARZ 58 (K.Dansby) Tackle Assist: ARZ 47 (A.Francisco)

Confirmed by video. No. 22, not 23, carried the ball on that play.