ESPN calling out the Cowboys

sistersarah

Wow. :lol:

Fruitie was given the chance to lead us deep into the playoffs the previous year but fumbled our chances away. It was smart not to repeat mistakes of the past.

You put way too much blame on him. Why not blame Moulds for fumbling on the first play of the game or Reed for not keeping his composure at the goal line? Better yet....look at the way the refs officiated that game.

Flutie had his faults, but he was the biggest reason the Bills were even in that playoff game.

You put way too much blame on him. Why not blame Moulds for fumbling on the first play of the game or Reed for not keeping his composure at the goal line? Better yet....look at the way the refs officiated that game.

Flutie had his faults, but he was the biggest reason the Bills were even in that playoff game.

agreed!!!

Reed did screw up. He got up, noticed the ref's call, grimaced and got in the refs face. I don't remember a ball being thrown, I just thought he accosted the ref. I remember that call and thinking, "WTF are you thinking Andre." But we were driving, and I had no doubt in my mind that Flutie was going to win that game for us, one of his bootleg scrambles or something. Then armstrong came crashing in. I remember that play...it was like it was in slow motion...sitting there screaming at the TV - "NO Dougie, throw it away, get rid of it, git rid of it, AWWW Sh*T!" as he was crushed and fumbled the ball away, along with our playoff hopes. God that was so long ago, but that play still sends a chill down my spine every time somebody brings it up.

Reed did screw up. He got up, noticed the ref's call, grimaced and got in the refs face. I don't remember a ball being thrown, I just thought he accosted the ref. I remember that call and thinking, "WTF are you thinking Andre." But we were driving, and I had no doubt in my mind that Flutie was going to win that game for us, one of his bootleg scrambles or something. Then armstrong came crashing in. I remember that play...it was like it was in slow motion...sitting there screaming at the TV - "NO Dougie, throw it away, get rid of it, git rid of it, AWWW Sh*T!" as he was crushed and fumbled the ball away, along with our playoff hopes. God that was so long ago, but that play still sends a chill down my spine every time somebody brings it up.

You're right, he got up in the ref's face & was arguing that it was a TD. The ref turned his back to get ready for the next play and Reed threw the ball at the ref's back, causing the unsportsman like penalty. I saw the replay of the game this year on the NFL network.