I would now like to welcome NE to mediocrity

SKOOBY

Our pass rush and running game better show up or its going to be ugly.

PTR

I second the motion. If this O-Line doesn't learn how to run-block this week, get ready for a miserable afternoon. Keeping SD's defense off Edwards' now-addled brain would be a nice touch as well.

Belichick's stubbornness in not bringing in a veteran QB is both hilarious and stunning. Cassel is so clearly over his head that 5-11 is possible with this team.

Honestly, even if they plucked wrinkly-assed, retired Bostonian Flutie from his cushy ABC analyst seat and put him behind center, I would probably make them one of the Super Bowl favorites. SHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, don't tell Belichick, though! I wish Cassel much health and 16 games under his belt this season.

Belichick's stubbornness in not bringing in a veteran QB is both hilarious and stunning. Cassel is so clearly over his head that 5-11 is possible with this team.

Honestly, even if they plucked wrinkly-assed, retired Bostonian Flutie from his cushy ABC analyst seat and put him behind center, I would probably make them one of the Super Bowl favorites. SHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, don't tell Belichick, though! I wish Cassel much health and 16 games under his belt this season.

Here's to Cassel's good health. Pride's a bit ch and so are NE fans.

3 key stats:

They are 21st against the run. This is a team whose supposed strength is the 3-4, run stopping defense, with a supposedly "awesome" defensive line-->who aren't "old", even though the LBs are. :thumbsup:

Opposing QBs are averaging a 96.2 rating against them, which tells me they are 25th in the league against the pass.

All this while playing a schedule whose teams combine for a whopping 11-16 record. :beer:

These teams have QBs like Thigpen(or whoever the Cheifs are playing this week), the SF kid?, Pennington, and Farve(Mr. 74 rating against the Bungles this week)? Rivers smoking them hardly makes up for playing so poorly against the rest of these has beens and wanna bes. Which team have they played that has a top 15 WR? SD, and he only got there because of playing them. In fact so far they have only faced 3 guys that are in the top 30. Cotchery and Coles are in the high 20's. So, they've played crappy passing games, and they are ranked 25th against them.

Perhaps "mediocre" is being a little too kind?