REMINDER: UB plays this weekend

talk about the defense laying an egg with 7 minutes left to go.

the INT returned for touchdown getting called back for a roughing the passer seemed to really let the air out of the defense.

Typical MAC officiating. Long history of jobbing UB.

PTR

actually. we lucked out on a call, the play before the touchdown to force overtime was a fade route towards my side of the field and i saw that the WR caught the ball, and was in bounds for the touchdown but the ref called it out of bounds. which is really a moot point because they ran the exact same play in the opposite direction the next play to tie it. but the officiating was pretty poor.

I didn't think the roughing call was a bad one. I thought it was a stupid play to happen @ an absolute horrible time. Aside from that, the Bulls had awful clock management (throwing 2 passes after the fumble recovery instead of eating up clock?) and poor play selection down the stretch and just flat out blew that game. Blowing leads of 15 earlier (21-6) and then 14 w/ just over 4 minutes to go is ridiculous. That defense, in the two games I've been there (Temple and this one) has shown that they cannot be relied upon to win a game.

Remember the way they scored late in the 2nd quarter of the Temple game, only to have the defense give up a TD in just 3 plays? Davonte Shannon does have some good ball skills, but he isn't nearly physical enough for my taste. He simply let Western wideout Jamarko Simmons (who was like a man among boys on Saturday) get in front of him to catch that 2 point conversion when he was in position to either pick it off or just knock it down. In run support, I saw him make a couple Deion Sanders-like tackles too.