Our rookies

Virgil

Anyone else love the way we are handling our rookies right now? Yes, some would argue that the only way to get better is to throw players into the fire. But that can either make or break a player. We have such great depth right now, and other players finally stepping up (Reed, Youboty, Royal), that we can work these guys in slowly. I really only think that this can pay off in a great way. Don't get me wrong, I want to see Hardy, McKelvin, Ellis, Johnson, and Corner on the field to see what they can do, but I think this will only make them better. Next year, I'm afraid to see cuts because our depth is geting so strong.

On a side note, I must apologize to Jauron for all the evil things i've said in my head. The man has a plan and it is working. He didn't have the talent for his plan at first, but it's a good plan and it's starting to show now. While I love a 4-0 start, I'm almost more excited about the years to come. Our team is so young and our needs in the draft aren't as alarming as they used to be, so now we just look to go from certain B players to A players. This is how dynasty's are built. Also, like we heard before and I never cared until now, the players just absolutely love him.

Jauron, you are our coach and Trent is our QB. Keep leading the way.

Anyone else love the way we are handling our rookies right now? Yes, some would argue that the only way to get better is to throw players into the fire. But that can either make or break a player. We have such great depth right now, and other players finally stepping up (Reed, Youboty, Royal), that we can work these guys in slowly. I really only think that this can pay off in a great way. Don't get me wrong, I want to see Hardy, McKelvin, Ellis, Johnson, and Corner on the field to see what they can do, but I think this will only make them better. Next year, I'm afraid to see cuts because our depth is geting so strong.

On a side note, I must apologize to Jauron for all the evil things i've said in my head. The man has a plan and it is working. He didn't have the talent for his plan at first, but it's a good plan and it's starting to show now. While I love a 4-0 start, I'm almost more excited about the years to come. Our team is so young and our needs in the draft aren't as alarming as they used to be, so now we just look to go from certain B players to A players. This is how dynasty's are built. Also, like we heard before and I never cared until now, the players just absolutely love him.

Well said. Here's a Friday brew for you :lol:

I'd actually like to see more of Ellis and what he can do..Schobel is a little disheartening right now...I wish Bowen wasnt hurt...we really need to see what he can do so Buffalo can decide what to do next offseason..Ellison is not a starter caliber player and Crowell is most likely gone even tho for some reason hes still with the team on IR...so next offseason Buffalo either gets a FA LB to fill Crowells spot, lets Bowen take over or drafts a 1st round LB....has Fine played yet?...hes been hurt since game 1 right?...if we dont see what Fine can do either, Buffalo will need to think about TE next offseason also...to be honest, and this is just my opinion, the way Youboty is playing and Greer and McGee..I really think Buffalo could have gotten away with drafting Corner and right now McKelvin looks like a wasted #11 pick...not saying hes bad just saying we could have gone with McGee, Greer, Youboty, Corner, James and used pick #11 on OL or DL..but Bills didnt know what they had in youboty in April yet...I like they kept Bell, Omon and Johnson...they have a future I think...and to whomever runs www.billsdaily.com - Fred Jackson and Terrence McGee are not rookie punt and kick returners...lol

I'd actually like to see more of Ellis and what he can do..Schobel is a little disheartening right now...I wish Bowen wasnt hurt...we really need to see what he can do so Buffalo can decide what to do next offseason..Ellison is not a starter caliber player and Crowell is most likely gone even tho for some reason hes still with the team on IR...so next offseason Buffalo either gets a FA LB to fill Crowells spot, lets Bowen take over or drafts a 1st round LB....has Fine played yet?...hes been hurt since game 1 right?...if we dont see what Fine can do either, Buffalo will need to think about TE next offseason also...to be honest, and this is just my opinion, the way Youboty is playing and Greer and McGee..I really think Buffalo could have gotten away with drafting Corner and right now McKelvin looks like a wasted #11 pick...not saying hes bad just saying we could have gone with McGee, Greer, Youboty, Corner, James and used pick #11 on OL or DL..but Bills didnt know what they had in youboty in April yet...I like they kept Bell, Omon and Johnson...they have a future I think...and to whomever runs www.billsdaily.com - Fred Jackson and Terrence McGee are not rookie punt and kick returners...lol

Yeah, in hindsight I agree. At the time, I loved the pick and I do like McKelvin. But, imagine had we traded down and gotten Fred Davis or another premier Tight End. Once again, it's nice to have the luxury to only look for depth, and not have to be praying people don't exploit certain players from week to week.

Case in point- JP in 05