Slow starts versus weak opponents...

webtoe

I am really eager to see how the Bills come out the next two games, against tougher teams, especially SD.

So far, before each game this season, the limitations of the Bills opponent has been the talk of the week. Thier opponents are fired up knowing they are facing an 'up and coming team'. This is a young team and while they are saying all of the right teams, it is going to affect their mindset. In my opinion the mistakes we have seen in the first halves have been more a matter of concentration than ability.

Once they get their head on straight in the locker room, they come out and take care of business.

My feeling is that when they are coming against a team that they aren't 'supposed to beat', they will be ready from the opening snap. :ph34r:

I really hope your right.

I agree the Bills are young and as such make some young team mistakes. It will happen earlier in games too, they won't in most probability win all of the games. I am not bashing, I am just saying. They are most likely going to have some bad games. Even older teams do that.

All that being said I can see they are vastly improved and I think they are headed in the right direction. I love 4- 0, I love the way they have come back from averse starts, it shows a lot to be encouraged about. I can see a playoff team, I can see a long term contender. That is all I can hope to ask for.

Oh yeah,

GO BILLS!!!!!

I'd like to suggest that the Bills didn't exactly start "slow" against the Rams. First possession for St. Louis resulted in a punt. Edwards hits Evans on a 49 yard pass, then Marshawn rips one for 20 that is called back by a penalty. Drive ends in FG.

That's not a slow start. But for the penalty, Buffalo is deep in the red zone early.

The pitch to Avery that caught the Bills off guard is really the play that tilted things towards the Rams and gave them first half momentum.

Also, about 75 of Steven Jackson's total yards came in total junk time -- a 20+ yard draw play to end the first half, and a 50+ yard screen late in the 4th.

Now, the OL protection issues and the D's poor tackling in the first half aren't to be excused, but I defer to the players who say they saw schemes they didn't see previously on both sides of the ball.

AZ & SD games will tell us where our team is. Young players playing hard against beat up teams. Although that Jags game we won is starting to look more impressive since they are getting better. I think we can beat both AZ & SD but in order to do it we have to start fast and finish strong.