We haven't played anyone, we have looked mediocre in certain areas

berndogg

The thing that I'm excited about even more than the 4-0 start is that we have looked as good as anyone in the AFC. Denver and san diego have looked down right horrid on defense at several times this year. You think our o-line has looked bad at times? Ask a steeler fan how they feel about theirs! The ravens and titans are getting very little out of their passing game. colts, pats, jags, jets, etc. etc. you can find some obvious weaknesses in all of them. Of course we can look at any bills game this year, or even the first four games as a whole this year and say "we haven't played very well in this area". But every afc team except the titans can say "we haven't played very well in this area and it cost us a game". We can't. I'll put it this way: Is there a team in the afc right now, where you think we just don't have the talent to match up with them. Where you'd say, this team would either run circles around us (i.e. pats last year), or this team would physically manhandle us (i.e. steelers last year)? I don't think so. We do have our flaws, but I honestly believe top to bottom we are as good as anybody in the AFC right now, this could be an exciting year.

The thing that I'm excited about even more than the 4-0 start is that we have looked as good as anyone in the AFC. Denver and san diego have looked down right horrid on defense at several times this year. You think our o-line has looked bad at times? Ask a steeler fan how they feel about theirs! The ravens and titans are getting very little out of their passing game. colts, pats, jags, jets, etc. etc. you can find some obvious weaknesses in all of them. Of course we can look at any bills game this year, or even the first four games as a whole this year and say "we haven't played very well in this area". But every afc team except the titans can say "we haven't played very well in this area and it cost us a game". We can't. I'll put it this way: Is there a team in the afc right now, where you think we just don't have the talent to match up with them. Where you'd say, this team would either run circles around us (i.e. pats last year), or this team would physically manhandle us (i.e. steelers last year)? I don't think so. We do have our flaws, but I honestly believe top to bottom we are as good as anybody in the AFC right now, this could be an exciting year.

I've got to agree with you, and you can extend the argument to say the entire NFL. I thought that Dallas was an "upper echelon" team until Washington handed it to them on their own field. Yes, one week at a time for sure, but if this team stays healthy and improves as a young team should throughout the season, then we could be looking at a couple of home playoff games!

I'll say it again. The Jags, Radiers, and Rams in 3 consecutive weeks were tougher opponents than their records make them out to be. DESPERATION, and playing for one's job is a huge factor that cannot be overlooked. An average team would have gotten beat by now, but the 2008 edition of the Bills has the makings of something great for many many years.