The Dolphins victory

LongLiveRalph

When hearing a recap of the Dolphins' upset of New England, several different times yesterday and today, various media outlets referred to "The first win of the Bill Parcells Era in Miami."

The media love for Parcells is well-known, but for Christsakes, perhaps a little credit to "The first win for the Tony Sparano Era"???? You know, the guy who actually came up with the game plan and coached the team to victory?

Because you know if they lost, reports would've said that "Tony Sparano has fallen to 0-3 in his coaching career and is still searching for his first win."

It just struck me as funny the first time I heard it, much less the fourth and fifth times.

When hearing a recap of the Dolphins' upset of New England, several different times yesterday and today, various media outlets referred to "The first win of the Bill Parcells Era in Miami."

The media love for Parcells is well-known, but for Christsakes, perhaps a little credit to "The first win for the Tony Sparano Era"???? You know, the guy who actually came up with the game plan and coached the team to victory?

Because you know if they lost, reports would've said that "Tony Sparano has fallen to 0-3 in his coaching career and is still searching for his first win."

It just struck me as funny the first time I heard it, much less the fourth and fifth times.

The media will continue to suck up to Parcells based on his past, that is a given. The media, at least in My Yami, will eviscerate Sparano the next time his team loses, even if it's a close one.

Tony is Bill's boy and one in the same as far as I'm concerned. Sure, props to Tony, but Parcells brought him up in Dallas and brought him along to Miami...

Oh I agree...Certainly Parcells looms large over everything in Miami, and deserves some credit for a big road win.

However, it just struck me as funny, knowing that if the Fins go 10-6, the media claims it a Parcells masterpiece. If they finish 4-12, the media will call it a long first year for Sparano.