Two-score 4th quarter comeback

texasjute

After watching the great drives yesterday, it felt like it had been a LONG time since we had come back with not one but two scoring drives to win a game late.

I hope I'm not wrong about this. I'm not a stats freak, but I tried to check carefully - forgive me if I missed another game. But it looks like the last time we came back after being down two scores in the 4th quarter was in 2000 against San Diego - we scored 10 in the fourth to force overtime and kicked a FG to win in OT. Rob Johnson threw for 327 yards against Jim Harbaugh of the Bolts.

boxscore

There have been other comebacks, but they have either been from being down by one score in the 4th, or down by two scores or more earlier in the game.

It was a great effort yesterday, and exactly the kind of performance we need to turn an 8-year corner and make the playoffs.

Plus, with the fluke TD surrendered to Higgins, in many ways it felt like we came down from THREE scores. While it is easier on the ticker to watch them jump out to early leads, games like yesterday are fun to watch and hopefully contribute a lot to the maturity and confidence of a young team.

Go Bills! :rolleyes:

When? I'll venture Denver (77 second miracle), L.A. Raiders (Sunday nighter)and NY Jets (after the bye -TD pass to Mueller) in sucession weeks 4,5 & 6 in 1990.

Just a guess :w00t:

We also had the game against Indianapolis I think in 1996 or 97 where we came back and won at home.

After watching the great drives yesterday, it felt like it had been a LONG time since we had come back with not one but two scoring drives to win a game late.

I hope I'm not wrong about this. I'm not a stats freak, but I tried to check carefully - forgive me if I missed another game. But it looks like the last time we came back after being down two scores in the 4th quarter was in 2000 against San Diego - we scored 10 in the fourth to force overtime and kicked a FG to win in OT. Rob Johnson threw for 327 yards against Jim Harbaugh of the Bolts.

boxscore

There have been other comebacks, but they have either been from being down by one score in the 4th, or down by two scores or more earlier in the game.

It was a great effort yesterday, and exactly the kind of performance we need to turn an 8-year corner and make the playoffs.

Plus, with the fluke TD surrendered to Higgins, in many ways it felt like we came down from THREE scores. While it is easier on the ticker to watch them jump out to early leads, games like yesterday are fun to watch and hopefully contribute a lot to the maturity and confidence of a young team.

Go Bills! :w00t:

Really it was a 1 score plus 2 we got with in 2 then were down by 9 within seconds.

Really it was a 1 score plus 2 we got with in 2 then were down by 9 within seconds.

Like he said. Almost a three score comeback, but it wasn't it was a two score comeback. Which means they had to score two times to comeback. What part didn't you understand? I have another question for anyone. Why do people have to be negative to be be considered realistic? Can someone be positive and still be realistic? I realistically think the Bills have a shot of going very deep in the playoffs. I would be very shocked if they didn't make the playoffs. Trent is getting better each week.

Didn't JP engineer two last second wins against the texans and Jags in 2006?

Also, the 2008 Chargers remind me of the 2004 Bills, considering their first two games of the season.

Yes he did, but Jax was a tie game; Houston we were down by 4 points. In both cases we had blown 10 point leads from earlier in the game. Those were both great wins for JP and the Bills, but I think the fact that those WERE two of the best comebacks in recent years underscores how long it had been since a major rally like yesterday.