Caanda Mints First Coloured Circulation coin

millbank

Any folks that collect coins may find this of interest. Canada has Minted and introduced the worlds first Coloured Circulation coin, to Remember that country's 1117,000 who gave their lives.  The coin is a quarter with a red poppy in the center

New Coin

81328[/snapback]

Thank You, I just ordered a few. As an American Vet, I will gladly support honoring the Canadian Veterans who paid the ultimate sacrifice.

Thanks , Millbank...I do collect coins and I'd like to order one...Like Lancaster said it's an honor to the vets that paid the ultimate sacrifice...

Oh and thanks for your service , Lancaster Steve...

Millbank,If you'd like a "Texas edition" quarter,PM your address and I'll send you one....

Again , Thanks for the link.

I love Canada Mints, especially wintergreen flavor. The "Loonie" is two tone, gold and silver color, and nobody, but nobody want's to collect those. I assume the color is mixed in, not just painted on. I wonder how they do it.

Thanks , Millbank...I do collect coins and I'd like to order one...Like Lancaster said  it's an honor to the vets that paid the ultimate sacrifice...

81347[/snapback]

I play racquetball with a guy here in Utah who owns a coin business around the corner from my house. It's a small shop that you might never notice if you didn't look carefully enough. Yet after getting to know the guy, it turns out he used to be president of the American Numismatic Society (or something like that) and he's one of the top coin experts in the country. Who knew?

TigerJ, the "Loonie" (one dollar coin) is all gold. The "Twoonie" (two dollar coin) is silver on the outside and gold in the center. The twoonie used to be made from two peices. Kids used to take a hammer and a nail and punch out the center.

It sucks having all these friggin coins. There was talk of a $5 coin, thank god that didnt happen. The only good thing about the $1 and $2 coins is when you empty out your pockets you have $20 in change.

I have been buying US money for my trip to the Bills/seahawks game. I wish we had paper $1's and $2's again. It seems like I dont see too many 2's when I am in the States, does anyone know why, or is it just a coincedence?

Yay go Canada!

Seriously, its great up here. Im from Rochester, now in my third year at the Univ. of Toronto. Ill be sure to grab a few of these (available at Tim Horton's :blush:). They also just put out a new $20 bill, which is decent, but nothing will ever beat the $5 bill with kids playing pond hockey on the back.

Such a great country, though the exchange rate isnt so great for Americans right now :)

Oh yah, the CFL is a joke up here too :blush:. The only sellout for the Argonauts in recent memory was when M. Ali was going to be there at an opening ceremony. People bought the tickets to see him, and the stadium was 3/4 empty by the end of the half...

TigerJ, the "Loonie" (one dollar coin) is all gold. The "Twoonie" (two dollar coin) is silver on the outside and gold in the center. The twoonie used to be made from two peices. Kids used to take a hammer and a nail and punch out the center.

It sucks having all these friggin coins. There was talk of a $5 coin, thank god that didnt happen. The only good thing about the $1 and $2 coins is when you empty out your pockets you have $20 in change.

I have been buying US money for my trip to the Bills/seahawks game. I wish we had paper $1's and $2's again. It seems like I dont see too many 2's when I am in the States, does anyone know why, or is it just a coincedence?

81403[/snapback]

I'd forgotten it was the $2 coin. It's been a while since I've been toCanada. Thanks for setting me straight.

Josh, I am in Victoria, BC Canada, way out here on the left coast.

I got a few of the new quarters today when I was picking up a coffee at Tim Hortons. If you rub the poppy the color fades fast.

Our new $20's are pretty nice too. They look like there would be no way to countefit them.

http://www.bankofcanada.ca/en/banknotes/ge.../2001-05_20.htm