I hope it's not blasphemy

I think that some interesting comparisons can be made between the Bills of this year and the Patriots of 2001, a team that many have probably forgotten was very respectable and a great underdog story.

We both have the young quarterback who didn't do much in college but who seems to have the "it" factor, a guy who doesn't raise too many eyebrows with the casual NFL fan but who plays with great efficiency and rarely makes the big mistake.

We both have solid defenses that don't have any superstars but who quitely do their jobs day in and day out. The New England secondary was decimated by the end of that season and anonymous guys just stepped up. To the average fan, it doesn't get too much more anonymous than Jabari Greer and Ko Simpson.

We both won't be lighting up the highlight reel with a 45 point victory (besides maybe against the Chefs), but we'll (hopefully) continue to win games the entire way through due to good focus and camaraderie.

The hallmark of Belichick's defenses, dating back to 2001 is using confusion to intimidate the opposition. I saw alot of that in Week 1, not so much in Week 2, but don't be surprised if we return to using The Creep during the rest of the season.

I know it's not a perfect comparison, but I think it's legit nonetheless. Any thoughts?

Guest dog14787
I think that some interesting comparisons can be made between the Bills of this year and the Patriots of 2001, a team that many have probably forgotten was very respectable and a great underdog story.

We both have the young quarterback who didn't do much in college but who seems to have the "it" factor, a guy who doesn't raise too many eyebrows with the casual NFL fan but who plays with great efficiency and rarely makes the big mistake.

We both have solid defenses that don't have any superstars but who quitely do their jobs day in and day out. The New England secondary was decimated by the end of that season and anonymous guys just stepped up. To the average fan, it doesn't get too much more anonymous than Jabari Greer and Ko Simpson.

We both won't be lighting up the highlight reel with a 45 point victory (besides maybe against the Chefs), but we'll (hopefully) continue to win games the entire way through due to good focus and camaraderie.

The hallmark of Belichick's defenses, dating back to 2001 is using confusion to intimidate the opposition. I saw alot of that in Week 1, not so much in Week 2, but don't be surprised if we return to using The Creep during the rest of the season.

I know it's not a perfect comparison, but I think it's legit nonetheless. Any thoughts?

blasphemy, you just compared us :wallbash: and the Patriots :lol:

The blasphemy lies in not putting the asterisk after the word pats* :lol:

Guest dog14787
I desire only repentance after this mortal sin. How many Hail Marys do I say? :lol:

I'm sorry, its to late for you my son, no Hail Mary's or our Fathers can help you now. You are here by exiled to Patriot territory , there, you will live out your days as a dedicated Patriot fan. For Penance, you must run naked across the Patriots homefield with Tom Brady's number posted on your buttocks on every home game until you are removed and thrown in jail, hopefully forever :wallbash: