Congrats to Donovan McNabb

Simon

What's with all the Donovan McNabb hate? Looks like he's having a bounce back season. Hopefully he can stay healthy; that division - between the Giants, Eagles, and Cowboys, and who knows maybe even the Redskins - is going to be a tight race from start to finish.

I don't mean to hate on him; I actually like the guy. He seems like a smart fella, a rock solid teammate and a genuinely decent human being.

But that being said, I don't know if I've ever seen such a great player have such a terrible time maintaining his composure late in tight games, particularly when they're important match-ups. And it's not like this is a recent phenomenon that started when the national media finally got wind of it after the SUper Bowl; this is something that's been going on since he was in college. I'm not even a 'Cuse fan and I can plainly remember seeing him 'chucking on teh sidelines late in games when things were getting intense. It's like he gets himself so worked up both mentally and physically that he loses self-control as pressure increases. Last night at a key moment late in the game he actually forgot what he was supposed to be doing right in the middle of the play; and he's the QB who made the call in the huddle for gawd's sakes!

I hope he finds himself a good shrink and gets past this somehow; I wouldn't mind seeing him win a title somewhere besides Philly. But considering it's been going on for over a decade with no end in sight, I'm afraid he's always going to be a liability when things start to get hairy out there. :thumbsup: