Terrorists

BillsNYC

*cough* Beslan *cough*

81091[/snapback]

I'm watching 20/20 tonight, they're doing a piece on the Beslan massacre and it is absolutely heart wrenching. It is also extremely infuriating.

A baby (2 year old maybe?) was used by a terrorist as a human shield and his intestines were blew out of him as he was hit by a bullet. The kid actually survived.

I also hope the terrorists that were captured will be tortured to death. Let Russia wreak a terrible vengeance down upon anyone who would collaborate or sympathize with these terrorist pigs.

This is almost on par with September 11th if you ask me.

Maybe I'm just extra sensitive to this because I have kids in Kindergarten and Pre-School and cant imagine something like this happening.

Like criticizing Christianity on the basis of Reverend Jim Jones or David Koresh.  Extremists are not representative of any given overall population.  That's why they're called extremists...

81006[/snapback]

Except for the minor detail that Christianity abhored those events. Islam and it's leadership does not care.

Of course, you also have to consider that we have far greater opportunity to speak out against people like Jim Jones than most Muslims do against terrorists.  A Western cult does something stupid, you have thirty thousand under-employed mini-cam toting reporters brought up under a tradition of free press roving the streets of America looking for reaction.  How many "man in the street" interviews have you ever seen out of Amman or Islamabad? 

Most Muslims are just like any other person in the world: just trying to make a living.  Unlike us, however, they try to in a culture with a long tradition of hammering down nails that stick up.  Doesn't make for a very vocal opposition, no matter how widespread.

81234[/snapback]

There are muslims here. Over 200,000 in Detroit alone. And they say nothing. Horse hockey.