iTunes Genius

stevewin

Now - knowing that this is just another way to get people to buy more music (in that respect it is Genius), played with this for the first time - thought it was pretty cool. Click on a song in your library - shows 5 or so songs from the same artist - then a list of other songs from all other artists which 'you may like'. There were some songs that seemed to come up with greater frequency - and some head scratchers - but also some nuggets too. I actually was pretty impressed with the overall relevancy of the songs it chose. Interesting too it seemed like the more obscure the song in your list - the more obscure the songs it chose. there seemed to be some non-trivial smarts behind it.

Now - knowing that this is just another way to get people to buy more music (in that respect it is Genius), played with this for the first time - thought it was pretty cool. Click on a song in your library - shows 5 or so songs from the same artist - then a list of other songs from all other artists which 'you may like'. There were some songs that seemed to come up with greater frequency - and some head scratchers - but also some nuggets too. I actually was pretty impressed with the overall relevancy of the songs it chose. Interesting too it seemed like the more obscure the song in your list - the more obscure the songs it chose. there seemed to be some non-trivial smarts behind it.

I ran the update last night but haven't had a chance to play around with it. Overall you'd say it does more good than bad?