Here's something that's on our side...

bobinaz

Seahawks | Team struggles when traveling to Eastern time zone

Sat, 6 Sep 2008 07:25:26 -0700

Clare Farnsworth, of the Seattle Post-Intelligencer, reports the Seattle Seahawks are 10-17 under head coach Mike Holmgren when traveling to the Eastern time zone.

Seahawks | Team struggles when traveling to Eastern time zone

Sat, 6 Sep 2008 07:25:26 -0700

Clare Farnsworth, of the Seattle Post-Intelligencer, reports the Seattle Seahawks are 10-17 under head coach Mike Holmgren when traveling to the Eastern time zone.

Always harder to go from West to East. They're in Buffalo/Orchard Park at the moment, but their bodies aren't going to want to sleep at 1000h. Morning shows up awfully early. Wonder if they're all on Ambien?

Throw in the fact that two of their receivers were tending bar at Casey's Grill last year, and the Bills look to be in good shape.

Why is that? They're professionals who are experts in traveling clear across the country. :rolleyes:

They're professionals. That the part with which I'll agree.

Experts in traveling across country? NO ONE is an expert in traveling across country. Least of all these kids. They're in their 20s, they land in Buffalo (with no transfer, assuming they took the charter) after a 5 hour flight, and it feels like three hours ago with regards to their body clock. No harm, no foul. Until they try to go to sleep. Presto. It's still three hours behind. 10:00 P.M. feels like 7:00 P.M., 11:00 P.M. feels like 8:00 P.M., etc.

That's fine until you have to wake up. Then things start to suck a lot.

Don't get me wrong - I'm not expecting the entire Frappacinos team to miss the bus to the stadium. I'm not expecting ANYONE to miss the bus to the stadium. But I can assure you it's not a good feeling in the morning to come from PDT to EDT and expect to function at 100%. Maybe at 96%.

4% means a lot at this level. Even to professionals.

I was being facetious. I said the same thing (i.e. that traveling cross-country would mess with them) and got jumped by a couple posters. The record pretty much speaks for itself, since the Hawks have been a pretty good team under Holmgren.

I was being facetious. I said the same thing (i.e. that traveling cross-country would mess with them) and got jumped by a couple posters. The record pretty much speaks for itself, since the Hawks have been a pretty good team under Holmgren.

Jeez, VOR. Sorry. I jumped the gun. My secondary point is that it's usually easier to go East-to-West. Apologies.