Ellison/DiGiorgio

I know there are a thousand topics on Crow, but this is about the backups.

Although Ellison has the experience at OLB and Papa Gorgio is the inside guy, shouldn't Johnny play on first and second downs, followed by Ellison on longer ones? Keith's a great backup, but John seems to have the skills for stopping the run. Keith's also a top pass coverage LB IMO.

I dunno, just a though, looking for everyone elses take.

If it were up to me, which its not, I'd start DiGiorgio there the whole season. I think he's a better player, and he mad some nice plays at the position when he was in there last year.

What the hell were you watching last year? Because for every one good play he may have made, there were three he missed or got run over during.

I know there are a thousand topics on Crow, but this is about the backups.

Although Ellison has the experience at OLB and Papa Gorgio is the inside guy, shouldn't Johnny play on first and second downs, followed by Ellison on longer ones? Keith's a great backup, but John seems to have the skills for stopping the run. Keith's also a top pass coverage LB IMO.

I dunno, just a though, looking for everyone elses take.

Agreed, Ellison seems to be far more of a coverage LB and doesn't show the instinct that Digi does.

Although Ellison may have less talent he may be more effective on the outside than Digi for the soul reason that he's been practicing there for all of preseason.

What the hell were you watching last year? Because for every one good play he may have made, there were three he missed or got run over during.

Um.... no. Did you just make that up? I've watched every snap of every game and not once do I remember him ever getting "run over."