Week 1 vs Seattle

cantankerous

Am I guilty of east coast bias in believing the Hawks defense isn't all that? I mean obviously they're not bad, but they unquestionably benefit from their schedule and are nowhere near a top 5 unit to me.

Of course, if the Bills offense doesn't improve a lot, we'll be just another one of those inept offenses they play against. But if we're going to break .500 as many expect, it's the sort of team you have to score 20 against at home. If that happens I expect it's good enough for a win.

holmgren will have his vet team ready to play. they are methodical on offense and will pick the bills apart. but bflo can stall their drives in the redzone. truffant will shut evans down. lynch will have trouble finding room with seattles active LBS. I EXPECT a field position game where a big special teams play wins it for either team. edwards will be fine, and will work royal and the flats ands hot reads well. jukius jones does not scare me. but ducket does as he will and can run over the soft underbelly of the bills (LBS). leonis will run a td back and lindell gets the game ball...

The facet of the game that I'll be watching will be the Seahawks' VERY weak receiving corps against the Bills' secondary. OBD has spent a king's ransom in draft picks, signing bonuses and contracts on this group - much to the consternation of Bill-in-NYC. Okay, well, it's time to take the Ferrari out of the garage and see what it can do against a Dodge Reliant.

Holmgren will likely short-pass the Bills to the point of frustration and exhaustion, because the LBs are a question with Ellis. (Or, maybe he's just what they need, as he's going to have to be quick tomorrow. That'll be ANOTHER interesting matchup). If the middle of the D-line holds, however, and the Bills can actually put the same kind of pocket pressure on Seattle that they did on Pittsburgh and Indianapolis in the pre-season, I'm guessing that Hasselback's going to get picked off a MINIMUM of three times if he tries to go any deeper than about 20 yards. He's just not going to have the time against the speed in the Bills' secondary. I'm not guaranteeing a win by any stretch of the imagination, but I do think he's going to be throwing into hell itself tomorrow. It'll be a blanket out there.