Youboty named nickel corner

JoeF

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ASHTON IS still a little loose. he was also a junior when he came out. so he is right were mccargo is -- both a yr behind. marv knew what he was doing and got very green value from top schools that would develop later on. these guys would have been 1st rounders.

ashton has a knack. in watching hin at camp, he and greer looked very active and athletic. nice balance, playn with sound leverage and smarts. they made james look like terrible and slow. greer also looked bigger and more physcial. i think he will be a special player this season. from rags to riches. lets hope eugene parker doesn't solicit him.

I don't think either McCargo or Youbooty are anything but borderline NFL players that the Bills reached for. Three years and what has either done? McCargo seems to be regressing. AY is a weird kid.

Guest dog14787
harvey williams had the longest neck i have ever seen. he was a RB for the chiefs. shifts. merton hanks, safety for the niners, had a long neck too.

Hanks is who Youboty kind of reminds me of, knew it was someone from the niners, but couldn't remember the name. :devil:

I've screwed up on so many calls vis-a-vis players. I'm so glad to say I never screwed up on The Sheik. Good for the kid. Question, however - all the media reports I've read have said that he's had "2 interceptions, a forced fumble, and A sack in preseason". I'm picking nits, but didn't he have a sack in the Pittsburgh game AND in the Detroit game? That's a straw-man question...I'm telling you - he DID have a sack in both games. As I said after the Pittsburgh game...."That's a big kid". I like what he can do on the blind-side CB blitz. Watch for it a couple times this year, and watch it to be successful.

Maybe even 3 times.

again, both were juniors when they came out. they took extra time to develope. in addition, both got inujured -- and lost a season. as such, they are really 2nd yr guys. both from top programs and schools. both showing promise and play making ability. mccargo di not regress. to the contrary, he showed good penetration and stodd tall on run plays and held his line at the POA. mccargo has learned to play with better leverage and rolls his hips nicely now. stroud will further develope his instincts and refine his hand checks and bull rush. i've posted about ashton. i watched him at camp for a few days. compared to the other defensive guys, he stood out for a number of reasons. he is athletic and the bills and he are starting to harniss that. he is still a little loose. greer, as i have said other, is primed for a very nice season. he looked much bigger and more confidant. look for him to be a surprise. if the fron can get a good push and the blitze packages work -- or stunts -- the corners will look much better.

I don't think either McCargo or Youbooty are anything but borderline NFL players that the Bills reached for. Three years and what has either done? McCargo seems to be regressing. AY is a weird kid.