(OT) The LOST thread

duey

There's plenty of explanations...

#1 The airline put an empty casket in (either on purpose or by accident).  This would go along with the airline regulation to not let the casket on for whatever reason (Jack was arguing with the clerk, and the clerk never said "Ok, we'll do it for you.")

#2 Someone/something stole the body.

#3 The body fell out as the casket was falling from the sky, so it's in the jungle somewhere.

I still think #1 has the most chance of being true, but we'll see.

I also like the idea that they create their own reality...

CW

79487[/snapback]

I thought about your theory #1. They put on the coffin, but no body. That is why he got mad and broke up the coffin. All of the theories are plausible. Outside of #1 being the case, I think we are being led to believe that his dad is somehow resurrected.

----------------

Go Bills

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought about your theory #1. They put on the coffin, but no body. That is why he got mad and broke up the coffin.  All of the theories are plausible. Outside of #1 being the case, I think we are being led to believe that his dad is somehow resurrected. 

----------------

Go Bills

79513[/snapback]

I'm more inclined to think that the magic on the island has access to peoples emotions, thoughts and weaknesses. Hence having Jack confront his father's demons while at the same time leading him to the water.

I'm more inclined to think that the magic on the island has access to peoples emotions, thoughts and weaknesses.  Hence having Jack confront his father's demons while at the same time leading him to the water.

79520[/snapback]

Oh, I agree. But Steve was complaining that it wasn't realistic with the father "coming back to life" part and I just wanted to point out that there are other options there as well.

It's not as good as Firefly was, but it's definately the most entertaining show on right now.

http://www.serenitymovie.com

CW

I'm more inclined to think that the magic on the island has access to peoples emotions, thoughts and weaknesses.  Hence having Jack confront his father's demons while at the same time leading him to the water.

79520[/snapback]

Yep. That's been my theory all along. The Stay Puft Marshmellow Man Theory I will call it. Your thoughts, dreams and demons manifest in some form and help you (Locke walking again) or destroy you.

-------------

Go Bills