LA talk from developer

Beerball

According to Forbes' 2006 numbers, the Jags made more in gate receipts ($40M) than the Bills did ($36M). But total revenue was the same. And I believe that in 2006, the last 3 games had a lot of empty seats (despite the Bills being in the playoff hunt until the final seconds of the 2nd-to-last/Titans game).

Well there it is, thanks for that. Let LA take the Jaguars!

Jacksonville has a metro population of 1.3 million to Buffalo's 1.1 million. They don't have a city like Rochester or Toronto to count on as part of the fan base. I am still unclear how they got the team beyond the fact that Wayne Weaver was well liked by other owners and St. Louis didn't have it's act together at the time they gave out those two franchises.

The only other City nearby is Orlando, & the fans there root for Miami or Tampa.

The only other City nearby is Orlando, & the fans there root for Miami or Tampa.

Yep, and the Jags claim Orlando as part of their market, so every time there is a Jags road game (or the rare Jags home sellout) the Orlando market gets that instead of the Dolphins, which prompts hundreds of angry calls and emails to WKMG, the local CBS affiliate. When I lived there I loved it, because if I couldn't watch the Bills I'd rather watch the Jags and not the other two in-state teams, and because it pissed off Miami fans.

They can't even sell out a primetime college football game at the Rose Bowl - I'm watching the Tenn - UCLA game and there's a large section in one of the upper "corners" that is completely empty.

F that guy and F LA

I can't get too upset about that - UCLA has had one good season (two years ago) in the last nine and the stadium seats 91-92,000. Honestly I'm surprised they averaged 65,000/game last year.

That was a fantastic finish to that game - that UCLA QB was like a completely different player in the second half.