McCain's choice

What do you think about Clinton? I think it would work out for everyone, especially Bill. He could have endless games of "Up periscope" at the observatory and Hillary would be off of his back because she would be too busy.

I think Hillary would be a great choice which would really unite the Democrats, but Joe Biden is also a strong choice. Either of them are the type of fighter on issues that would help Obama, as he sometimes is too thoughtful and nuanced for the quick sound bite that tends to get attention.

According to what I heard on the radio this morning, some sources out there are leaking Romney as the veep for McCain. Thoughts?

I hope it's Romney, because it will hurt McCain with independents, and might even make the loonies on the religious right stay home who don't like him because he's a Mormon. And there will be plenty of stories about how the two don't like or agree with each other, as was displayed in the debates.

Lots of people getting text messages that Michael Phelps is the Messiah's VP choice. Well, he can almost walk on water! :wallbash:

Great idea to text the info. B-):rolleyes:

Just like his innovative campaign of using the internet to bring in new supporters, Obama is again creating a buzz among the new voters by using new technology to announce the VP choice. I heard McCain is going to be handing out 8-track tapes and Betamax videos with his announcement on them.

is not wacko to be against abortion. It IS wacko to believe that your own personal morals should decide how others live their lives.

This might be tough to grasp, but pro-choice does not equal pro-abortion.

Exactly.

Ridge is McCain's personal favorite, and the pro-lifers will scream and moan for a week if he's chosen, but in the end they'll get behind McCain, as they did after Reagan chose Bush who was previously pro-choice.

I hope not, for an entirely different reason. He was a disaster at DHS.

I hope not, for an entirely different reason. He was a disaster at DHS.

I was thinking that too. I'm sure the issue of whether or not DHS politicized the terrorist warning system would come up if Ridge is the veep.