WGR Radiothon for Hunter's Hope

Lori

Kudos to the crew from Corporate Parkway -- they'll be broadcasting live from Eastern Hills Mall the next couple of days, to raise awareness (and money) for Hunter's Hope. The pertinent info follows:

Hunter's Hope Radiothon

Nick Mendola's blog: A chance to give

WGR Sports Radio 550 is proud to team up with Jim Kelly and Hunter’s Hope to launch our first Radiothon beginning Thursday August 21. All of our local hosts will broadcast from the Eastern Hills Mall and dedicate part of our programming to raise awareness about screening newborn children for genetic disorders. In addition, we need your help to raise funds to spread the Hunters’ Hope message (donate now). For instance:

1. Did you know that every state does not screen children for the same disorders?

2. Did you know you could order a kit to screen for additional genetic disorders?

3. And most importantly, did you know that even if a child is born with a genetic disorder, a simple test can provide a treatment plan that will allow a child to lead an almost normal life?

We promise that you can make a difference but to hear the entire story, we urge you to listen to the Hunter’s Hope Radiothon starting Thursday, August 21. Here is the broadcast schedule for our two-day event:

6 - 10 AM The Howard Simon Show

10 AM – Noon The Williams’ Way with Dennis Williams

Noon – 3 PM The Jim Rome Show

3 – 7 PM Schopp and the Bulldog

For more information about the important mission and message of Hunter’s Hope, please visit HuntersHope.org.

I have a very personal reason to wish Jim success in his quest -- an older brother I never got the chance to know, because he died shortly after his first birthday (and three years before I was born) from an illness similar to Krabbe Leukodystrophy -- so I'd like to extend my gratitude to the WGR staff for joining the cause.

If you're in a position to lend a hand, I'd ask you to give some thought to hitting that "donate" link. I will be.

(End of commercial, back to your regularly-scheduled programming ...)