Which came 1st - the O line or the QB?

FLFan

It is certainly not time to panic over the "offensive" display of offense last night, but it does point to a key factor largely ignored in the great Jason Peters debate thus far: It is the play of the QB that will determine the fate of the Bills this year, not any single lineman's presence in the game, even Peters. The Bills will go as far as Edwards will take them. Can he exhibit toughness and leadership? Can he make good decisions under pressure? Can he deliver under less than ideal conditions? These are big questions about him given last year's at times promising, but in the end, disappointing finish to his season. he certainly did not answer them positively last night.

Yes its only two series in the first game so, as i said, not time to panic, but he looked awful. Indecisive, too quick to check down, and very locked in on primary routes. Not much evidence last night, but what was there was not encouraging. I am not trying to revive the Losman vs Edwards debate (plenty of that going on this morning already) but just pointing out that the absence of Peters was not the problem. The Bills will rise of fall on the play and leadership of the QB, not on whether their left tackle is a pro bowler or merely adequate.

It is certainly not time to panic over the "offensive" display of offense last night, but it does point to a key factor largely ignored in the great Jason Peters debate thus far: It is the play of the QB that will determine the fate of the Bills this year, not any single lineman's presence in the game, even Peters. The Bills will go as far as Edwards will take them. Can he exhibit toughness and leadership? Can he make good decisions under pressure? Can he deliver under less than ideal conditions? These are big questions about him given last year's at times promising, but in the end, disappointing finish to his season. he certainly did not answer them positively last night.

Yes its only two series in the first game so, as i said, not time to panic, but he looked awful. Indecisive, too quick to check down, and very locked in on primary routes. Not much evidence last night, but what was there was not encouraging. I am not trying to revive the Losman vs Edwards debate (plenty of that going on this morning already) but just pointing out that the absence of Peters was not the problem. The Bills will rise of fall on the play and leadership of the QB, not on whether their left tackle is a pro bowler or merely adequate.

not true, football games are won and lost at the line of scrimmage. a good offensive line can make an average quarterback look good, but a bad line will destroy the best of quarterbacks

not true, football games are won and lost at the line of scrimmage. a good offensive line can make an average quarterback look good, but a bad line will destroy the best of quarterbacks

and I still don't believe edwards is an nfl quarterback