Pennington likely to be cut

Trade JP to GB now. Bring in Pennington. Get a pick for JP and the jets playbook, all in one fail swoop.

Green Bay drafted Brian Brohm out of Louisville. They probably could use a veteran backup and develop Brohm as their third QB, and probably should, but Brohm was excellent as a Junior. Maybe we could send JP and a mid/low draft choice for Brohm? I like Edwards a lot, but I know I get sad when the carosel at the amusement park stops :angry:

I know that I will probably get hammered for this post but here goes. If I was the Bills front office I would look at signing Chad Pennington when he is released by the Jets. Even though arm strength is below average, he is an excellent game manager and would make a great back-up for Trent Edwards. His experience and cerebral approach to the game would make him a perfect fit for Dick Jauron also.

With Pennington in the fold as the back-up, we could then move on to finding a trade partneer for JP Loseman. I like JP and think he does have upside in this league. However, point of fact is that he will be leaving at the end of the season and we probably will get nothing more then a 6th of 7th round compensatory pick at the best case.

Maybe a teams like the Bears, Lions or Vikings who have major QB issues would be interested and we might be able to fashion a deal with a conditional pick in 2009.

This is my suggestion and you folks are welcome to provide your input and advise what you might do.

I'm gonna bet that they _have_ been shopping JP all offseason. If the Bears or someone were interested, they'd have already made a deal.

Now, if a starting QB gets hurt in training camp, then maybe the situation will change. But for now, I don't think there is a market for JP.