Linebacker Core

Not sure about the rest of the Buffalo fans but I'm pretty excited about the linebacker core we have this year! The addition of Kawika Mitchell will be awesome along side Posluszny and Crowell. I think DiGorgio didn't do too bad a job last year as well! From what I've witnessed at camp the past few days....................I'm looking for Poz to have a few "de-cleater's" this year!

Not sure about the rest of the Buffalo fans but I'm pretty excited about the linebacker core we have this year! The addition of Kawika Mitchell will be awesome along side Posluszny and Crowell. I think DiGorgio didn't do too bad a job last year as well! From what I've witnessed at camp the past few days....................I'm looking for Poz to have a few "de-cleater's" this year!

It's corps.

Yes, the core of our linebacking corps looks good. Hopefully during the year, we never have to refer to it as a linebacking corpse.

Mitchell looks like a great addition, and of course I'm thrilled to have Poz back. It's hard to imagine we'll be nearly as weak up the middle this year, especially w Stroud helping clog the runs. Yeah, I'm psyched!

It's corps.

Usually the word corps is used to describe a defensive or offensive unit in football. However, in this case, 'core' is used correctly and can be used interchangeably with corps. One of the definitions of core, as defined by Webster, is as follows: "the central, innermost, or most essential part of anything." In this case, the linebackers are the central part of the Defense, existing between the linemen and the secondary.

So, corps is most commonly used but core also works. Just for those who might be interested.

Go Bills!

Usually the word corps is used to describe a defensive or offensive unit in football. However, in this case, 'core' is used correctly and can be used interchangeably with corps. One of the definitions of core, as defined by Webster, is as follows: "the central, innermost, or most essential part of anything." In this case, the linebackers are the central part of the Defense, existing between the linemen and the secondary.

So, corps is most commonly used but core also works. Just for those who might be interested.

Go Bills!

Do you feel better about yourself now? :rolleyes:

Do you feel better about yourself now? :rolleyes:

lol, not at all. I just thought it was funny that you would call someone else out in a post for using a word correctly. It made me laugh because it seems like you were just lurking around waiting to pounce on someone for misusing or misspelling a word.

lol, not at all. I just thought it was funny that you would call someone else out in a post for using a word correctly. It made me laugh because it seems like you were just lurking around waiting to pounce on someone for misusing or misspelling a word.

John, thanks for having my back................... :rolleyes:

It's a common misspell which I believe has had no less than an entire thread devoted to correcting the mistake.

It's a common misspell which I believe has had no less than an entire thread devoted to correcting the mistake.

okay. It's all good here man. As long as ieatcrayonz doesn't start posting that Trent Edwards should join the peace 'corps' because of his penchant for wearing white gloves, everything should be just fine.

okay. It's all good here man. As long as ieatcrayonz doesn't start posting that Trent Edwards should join the peace 'corps' because of his penchant for wearing white gloves, everything should be just fine.

Agreed, and on topic, our linebacking corps will definitely be an asset (NOT a liability) to the Bills in 08!

Agreed, and on topic, our linebacking corps will definitely be an asset (NOT a liability) to the Bills in 08!

gotta get back to work but you hit the head on the nail here my friend. I think Buffalo will have one of the better line backing corps in the nfl this season. Underrated is a word I'll throw out there....

If Stroud & McCargo can stuff the middle like we all hope they can, this LB corps will be one nasty bunch! I mean you get a DL that can get to the QB our LB's will destroy teams. Poz, Mitch, Crow man thats a talented group. I like what Mitchell brings to the team for the other LB's. Im pretty excited to see them in action.......

But EVERYTHING depends on HEALTH........if the guys in front of them can stay on the field they will thrive, and of course their health matters aswell....

I think our defense will be top 10 this year.

Spelling and grammar aside(and I'm not so sure that you refer to a core when you are talking about people in a unit who share the same job = corps), our entire linebacker unit looked good out there, especially on Monday. The run plays were shut down, the screen plays were as well. The end arounds/reverses would have been for no gain. Now, it's early and the d is usually ahead, etc., etc.

All that aside. We should see at least a reduction of 50 yards a game given up against the run. Mitchell and Poz are that good, and yes they are that much of an upgrade.

Here's the other thing: we are talking about a LB corps by itself. The other thing that will help profusely is Stroud, Williams and McCargo, Johnson clogging up the middle. It was extremely hard to determine on Monday who was where/who beat who because clearly they weren't hitting at full speed. However, the front 7 looks to be a lot better than I have seen in a long while based on how well they move/their feet move. It's like a school of fish, except they dart towards the ball together instead of away.

The coolest part about all of this is it lets Whitner improvise and so he gets a shot at all kinds of blitzes, jumping routes and setting the QB up, because the QB has to pay more attention to the front 7 and he simply can't focus only on where the safety is and throw away from him, like last year.