Pineapple Express

I Just got back from an advance screening of Pineapple Express. It was pretty freakin' good. Might be one of the better stoner buddy movies ever made. Seth Rogan does a pretty good job playing the loser pothead trying to get it all together. Rogan overall, is good in this but he's playing himself, the same guy he plays in every movie. James Franco on the other hand pulls off what will surely be mentioned as one of the great characters in Dope movie history. He is going to be mentioned with the Lebowski's, Spicoli's and Woodersons as a pothead staple.

Danny Mcbride who plays Red completes the trio as one of the funniest characters in the movie. Overall it's better then I thought it would be(I wasn't expecting much) and I think a lot of people are going to like it. I'm sure a few won't like it as much but then again it's not everyones cup of tea. Just think: The 40 year old Virgin meets Half Baked going into it and you'll be fine.

A movie about the storms we get here in Norcal in the winter???

In the winter the storms usually make a bee line from Hawaii to Sf , hence the name "Pineapple Express" :D

I've seen several Judd Apatow films and I feel like I've already seen every other film he's ever going to make.

PTR

I haven't really enjoyed too much of his stuff after "Freaks and Geeks" to be honest. Seems like he's kind rehashing the same schtick in each film now.

:rolleyes:

Piggybacking off what the original poster said: I can't wait see Seth Rogan's first ACTING project.

I know what you mean, Mr. Rogan is dangerously close to becoming a Jack Black-type "actor" where he's esentially playing himself everytime with different costume changes. "Hi I'm Seth Rogan, playing myself in a movie about a 20-something slacker. (insert sarcastic, smarmy line here to re-enforce the Rogan-esqueness of my 'acting')"

Yep bitter old man @ 37... that's me.

Well, I for one don't care if Apatow/Rogan movies are predictable, similar, and use all the same actors- they've all made me laugh (except for Drillbit Taylor). I'm pumped to see this. And what about "Undeclared?" That was a great show that is now forgotten

I haven't really enjoyed too much of his stuff after "Freaks and Geeks" to be honest. Seems like he's kind rehashing the same schtick in each film now.

I know what you mean, Mr. Rogan is dangerously close to becoming a Jack Black-type "actor" where he's esentially playing himself everytime with different costume changes. "Hi I'm Seth Rogan, playing myself in a movie about a 20-something slacker. (insert sarcastic, smarmy line here to re-enforce the Rogan-esqueness of my 'acting')"

Yep bitter old man @ 37... that's me.

Exactly how I feel about the fat kid from SuperBad. Totally unimpressed. In fact, I've grown to loooooathe his style.

Well, I for one don't care if Apatow/Rogan movies are predictable, similar, and use all the same actors- they've all made me laugh (except for Drillbit Taylor). I'm pumped to see this. And what about "Undeclared?" That was a great show that is now forgotten

That was such a great freakin' show! I wish it would have made it just a few more seasons.

Exactly how I feel about the fat kid from SuperBad. Totally unimpressed. In fact, I've grown to loooooathe his style.

I thought that was just a Mini-me version of Seth Rogan? :rolleyes: You know like how gremlins spawn other gremlins if they get wet? I figured the same principle was at work here.

I thought that was just a Mini-me version of Seth Rogan? :rolleyes: You know like how gremlins spawn other gremlins if they get wet? I figured the same principle was at work here.

At least Rogan doesn't come across as TOTALLY slovenly, pig headed, and abnoxious...er...I mean...

Well, in that movie he was playing "Seth". That movie was supposed to be written about Seth Rogan growing up, and originally he wrote it to star in it too.

I have not had a problem with Rogan (Seth, I hate Joe)and the movies he does, and I don't care if they are similar, or he plays the same character. I don't go into movies with him and expect top notch acting, and stories. I expect a comedy that is going to make me laugh, and so far him and his movies have done that.

I am not a stoner or do any drugs either, I just know going in that it is going to be a dumb movie that will have points where I am going to laugh for an hour and a half

Well, in that movie he was playing "Seth". That movie was supposed to be written about Seth Rogan growing up, and originally he wrote it to star in it too.

I have not had a problem with Rogan (Seth, I hate Joe)and the movies he does, and I don't care if they are similar, or he plays the same character. I don't go into movies with him and expect top notch acting, and stories. I expect a comedy that is going to make me laugh, and so far him and his movies have done that.

I am not a stoner or do any drugs either, I just know going in that it is going to be a dumb movie that will have points where I am going to laugh for an hour and a half

I think that's the right way to go into any movie. People just have to take it for what it's worth. Like I said though, this one exceeded my expectations so it might others too.

finally! we agree on something pertaining to the entertainment industry :rolleyes:

I think that's the right way to go into any movie. People just have to take it for what it's worth. Like I said though, this one exceeded my expectations so it might others too.

Thats the way I go into all movies. I'm going in to be entertained. If I'm going to see a comedy, I'm not expecting to go see something that will have acadamy award winning acting, If it makes me laugh and I was entertained, it did its job. If I go see an action movie, I expect action, for a horror movie I expect to have some moments where i am grossed out or a little frightened/shocked. If I go to see a dram, I expect.............Well I expect to want to leave immediatly because i'm in the wrong theatre cause I wouldn't go see a drama

• 2 weeks later...

I just got back from seein it... It was really funny and entertaining. Surprising violent, too. Franco killed it, and the big hitman, the guy that plays Daryl in the Office, was hilarious as well. I loved the scene with the girlfriend and her family at dinner. I definitely recommend it....

I just got back from seein it... It was really funny and entertaining. Surprising violent, too. Franco killed it, and the big hitman, the guy that plays Daryl in the Office, was hilarious as well. I loved the scene with the girlfriend and her family at dinner. I definitely recommend it....

I loved the violence. They did it in such a funny way. Like them calling "Timeout!". I thought that was hysterical, so typical of how me and my friends used to get into it growing up.