And I thought the Bills were supposedly cheap...

Chilly

From: http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=439130

"Unfortunately, I've got to say we are at point zero," said Alan Herman, Grant's New York-based agent. "We're so far from getting it done it's mind-boggling."

Herman put together a performance-based contract proposal for Grant that he felt was "fair and reasonable." On Saturday afternoon, the Packers countered with a six-year offer with only $1.75 million guaranteed.

Herman described Green Bay's offer as "offensive" and said Grant "is past disappointed. Ryan is angry."

lol, $1.75 million signing bonus on a 6-year contract for a starting RB. Guess the Pack don't want him.

He's got to prove himself. He started for less than half a season, and while it was really good, it was with Favre behind center. We'll see how much running room he has with Rodgers at QB, and thus if he's worth a huge contract, and if he can do it over the course of a full season.

He's got to prove himself. He started for less than half a season, and while it was really good, it was with Favre behind center. We'll see how much running room he has with Rodgers at QB, and thus if he's worth a huge contract, and if he can do it over the course of a full season.

Then don't offer a 6-year contract.

Exactly. When did the trend start that a few good games are rewarded by a huge contract? Grant was awesome for the 2nd half of the season, but before then....

Play a full season at an all pro level, then go after the huge contract. I realize that the average NFL career is short, but thats even more reason to give average players who last 2-4yrs average NFL salaries. The ones who can find ways to overcome injuries, lack of motivation, age, etc. and still excel at an all pro level are the ones who deserve the big contracts.

1/2 a season (although it was a great 1/2 season) isn't long enough to warrant a big contract yet.

grant has no leverage as an exclusive-rights FA......it should also be noted that this isn't a "holdout" because he hasn't signed the packers 1 year tender offer.........therefore he can't be fined

i personally don't have an issue with his stance, unlike players who are under contract and refuse to honor it

Then don't offer a 6-year contract.

I'd have to see the specs of the contract. All I know is it's a 6-year deal with $1.75M guaranteed. It could be a 6-year $30M deal, meaning he'd (gasp) have to earn his money. But since I don't know the specs, I really can't comment further.

I'd have to see the specs of the contract. All I know is it's a 6-year deal with $1.75M guaranteed. It could be a 6-year $30M deal, meaning he'd (gasp) have to earn his money. But since I don't know the specs, I really can't comment further.

Need I bring up the injury/guaranteed money point?

Lets see, Ryan Grant, has played in 17 games, and been featured in 12. In those 12 games as a feature back, he compiled 1281 yards from scrimmage, 28 receptions, and 11 TDs, and averaged 5.2 ypc. On average, that is $291,667 in guaranteed money each year.

By comparison, Chris Brown got $400,000 guaranteed each year to be the Texans' #2 RB.